LIVE from Celebrity Infinity 10/30

rxlowry

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from rxlowry! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

rxlowry was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Time for another LIVE report!  After the wonderful first cruise I had with my daughter on Summit this summer, the husband and I decided to book Infinity to celebrate our upcoming milestone birthday (yes we share the same exact birthday). We booked a Suite guarantee and ended up with an accessible Sky suite.  
With all the changes, will we like the sky suite experience?  How will Luminae compare to Blu?  Is the Infinity in desperate need for dry dock?   These questions and much more we can explore. 
We departed last night with aisle seats across from each other in economy select (only means extra leg room and group three boarding) but after the doors closed the lady in middle seat next to me moved back to be near husband and I scored an empty middle seat next to me!  It made the flight much nicer for sure although I couldn’t sleep.  
We arrived in Lisbon shortly before 6am and met our driver to take us to our hotel, The Ivens.   

The hotel is gorgeous.  They comped us breakfast since our room wasn’t ready which we did not expect it to be. Amazing food! We did get a little nap before going out to lunch though.  The trip is off to a great start!  I’m excited to try the Gastrobar for dinner tonight!

IMG_5513.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Time for another LIVE report!  After the wonderful first cruise I had with my daughter on Summit this summer, the husband and I decided to book Infinity to celebrate our upcoming milestone birthday (yes we share the same exact birthday). We booked a Suite guarantee and ended up with an accessible Sky suite.  
With all the changes, will we like the sky suite experience?  How will Luminae compare to Blu?  Is the Infinity in desperate need for dry dock?   These questions and much more we can explore. 
We departed last night with aisle seats across from each other in economy select (only means extra leg room and group three boarding) but after the doors closed the lady in middle seat next to me moved back to be near husband and I scored an empty middle seat next to me!  It made the flight much nicer for sure although I couldn’t sleep.  
We arrived in Lisbon shortly before 6am and met our driver to take us to our hotel, The Ivens.   

The hotel is gorgeous.  They comped us breakfast since our room wasn’t ready which we did not expect it to be. Amazing food! We did get a little nap before going out to lunch though.  The trip is off to a great start!  I’m excited to try the Gastrobar for dinner tonight!

IMG_5513.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg

Following.....we will be on the infinity out of Athens in June.  But visiting Lisbon a few months later.   What is the name of the hotel?  Looks perfect.

Looking forward unto the rest of your review.  Thank you for posting!

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to share. If you get chance please will you check if real French champagne is being served by the glass in any bars as part of the premium package and if so what make? We sail on Infinity in January. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deefer said:

Following.....we will be on the infinity out of Athens in June.  But visiting Lisbon a few months later.   What is the name of the hotel?  Looks perfect.

Looking forward unto the rest of your review.  Thank you for posting!

The Ivens.  This is our third stay in Lisbon so we are just doing one night.  Very nice location.  The service is superb. I liked Bairro Alto where we stayed on our first trip and the Four Seasons was great too but location is far except for train but we went to Sintra twice that trip.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boarding was super easy and fast!  Granted we have Retreat but security and regular was not busy at  11:15.  Nothing like NY or Florida for sure!  
Did a tour of ship since Chris wasn’t on Summit. The buffet at noon looked delightful.  Not what I’d expect at that time on embarkation. 
We had a very nice relaxing lunch in Luminae.   We both enjoyed the ceviche and lobster roll.  
After lunch, we returned to relax in cabin and unpack. 
Now, it’s music trivia with a cocktail 

image.jpg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Forresters said:

Thank you for taking the time to share. If you get chance please will you check if real French champagne is being served by the glass in any bars as part of the premium package and if so what make? We sail on Infinity in January. 

Di and Ringo went to search for the French one.  Excellent service.  
We compared the Chandon to the French one.  We preferred the French.  They did say Cellar Masters for that one. 

IMG_5695.jpeg

IMG_5694.jpeg

IMG_5691.jpeg

IMG_5692.jpeg

• Like 3

Dinner was very good in Luminae.  Impressed we had a bacalao amuse bouche, we wondered if this is a normal one or only due to leaving Lisbon.  We both had the asparagus and smoke hake starters.  I had the fennel soup though and Chris had salmon sashimi.  For mains, I had delicious cod while Chris went with the seafood pasta.  Everything had very nice flavors which was something we felt lacking on our last cruise (Oceania). 
We attended the show, King Jamsheed who sang and played piano. That was followed by silent disco.  The ship seems quiet.  Maybe jet lag or motion?

The ship was rocking all night!  This is cruise 46 and I felt at times that I was going to roll out of bed!  Usually rocking puts me to sleep and I had trouble last night.  Room is very creaky.  With all the wood paneling decor, it felt like I was on a very small ship bobbing around. 

IMG_5697.jpeg

IMG_5700.jpeg

IMG_5702.jpeg

IMG_5704.jpeg

IMG_5706.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, rxlowry said:

felt at times that I was going to roll out of bed!  Usually rocking puts me to sleep and I had trouble last night.

I remember the time we slid up & down the bed on a corner aft room on Infinity.😱

IMG_2082.thumb.jpeg.341c977f8e00c2556ef54cf665d0a8d3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I remember the time we slid up & down the bed on a corner aft room on Infinity.😱

IMG_2082.thumb.jpeg.341c977f8e00c2556ef54cf665d0a8d3.jpeg

we rolled out of bed on a Mercury cruise yrs ago....  big storm at night .. Straits of Fla.

we were fine but  many dishes in the dining rm were broken,  and slider doors did not close , so sloshy carpets on main decks..

We were happy to disembark...