passenger-to-crew ratio

Cruisius Maximus

18 minutes ago, Cruisius Maximus said:

I didn't do that right. But what I wanted to know is what is the ratio and how does it compare to other cruise lines.

Crystal has said close to 1 to 1. On some cruises it won't be quite that high, on other cruise that hight and on  several cruises this year the ratio has been more than one crew member per guest.

Keith 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cruisius Maximus said:

Ok. Thank you.

I guess that's about the best they can do for now. I just thought it was odd that they would tout it without being specific.

It will vary by cruise for all lines. It isn't unusual for 4 cruises in a row to be 450, 525, 375, 425 (just examples) but the crew will remain more or less the same as they can't send crew home for just a few cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

It will vary by cruise for all lines. It isn't unusual for 4 cruises in a row to be 450, 525, 375, 425 (just examples) but the crew will remain more or less the same as they can't send crew home for just a few cruises.

On our Reykjavik/Quebec cruise in September, with only 150 of us, it was closer to 5:1crew to guest!!!🙂 

• Like 2

These crew to guests ratios are usually stated based on max guest number and normal crew numbers when sailing a full ship - surely thats a known number?

Ratios based on low guest numbers for particular sailings aren’t comparable with the ratios given by other lines 

Serenity ... the capacity dropped from 1,040 to 740. With 655 crewmembers onboard, the ship has an impressive 1.13 passenger-to-crew ratio

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/just-back-from-crystal-cruises-relaunched-crystal-serenity

Symphony ... Going into drydock, Crystal Symphony had space for 848 passengers—now it’s just 606. The guest-to-crew ratio is now roughly one-to-one, https://www.cntraveler.com/story/crystal-symphony-relaunch

Edit to add - I don't know how accurate these numbers are.   But since we know the ratio will change based on pax onboard, they are probably close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1