Crossing the Globe (Kind of) - A Pr1ma (Hopefully) Live'ish Adventure, 11/20 - 12/1

cruiseny4life

In the dailies, there is no mention of operating times for the Speedway Bar.  Does it have times or is it just open when the speedway is running(or not open at all).  Seemed like it would be a good place to grab a drink if the pool bar is crowded.  

I think our tastes are all quite different.  

I thought SIX was a dud. I know of others who thought it was fantastic.

Agree about Million Dollar Quarter.....a generation or two before my time, but found I enjoyed the performance immensely.  And, learned some of the beginnings of rockabilly.

My sometimes GF LOVES Donna Summer.  So, while not a disco fan, I've heard enough that I might enjoy DONNA.  I'll go see it with an open mind.

Again, thanks for the great review.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hahahaha - my husband tells me so, but please explain the fact we went to BJ's, Costco, our local grocer, and Home Depot this weekend! The receipts weren't quite CVS receipt long, but they weren't short!

Oooooo, this sounds great! And, I don't need to cook them. I bet they'd be better than any old NCL hashbrown. I did find a ten pound bag of tater tots at the grocery store. I picked them up, looked at them feverishly, then was told to put them back by my husband. My pleas of panic were ignored...alas, no ten pound pag of tater tots at my house!

I feel like you and your husband need a show. I'll have my people contact your people.

• Haha 2

"Welcome to New York" was played by our favorite Swiftie as we cruised up the Hudson River. I love the song and we play it every time we return to NY from a trip. As a native NY'er, I know d@mn well that NY doesn't wait for anyone! But, it's still a nice poppy song welcoming us home to NY. NY doesn't care about you! Or anyone! 

Anyway...when we went to Enterprise - super convenient to the port, by the way, a five minute walk from the West Side Highway - we really saw a vast difference between the beautiful city of Barcelona and the uhhhh, rat infested city of New York. Ahhh, NYC! Home. I love you. Garbage and all! It was super ironic the sanitation guy decided to sweep 11th Ave. Not that any real garbage was picked up.

Here's my Hell's Kitchen garbage diary, and this is before Adams mega cuts. 

Before street sweeping

image.thumb.png.3f1f15c564205ecfc59c79656b17a31b.png

During and after street sweeping

image.thumb.png.56acadebef1c2af48b63eba308b762b9.png

image.thumb.png.55eee4f735610a67000817d127cb16ca.png

What's the European secret? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

In the dailies, there is no mention of operating times for the Speedway Bar.  Does it have times or is it just open when the speedway is running(or not open at all).  Seemed like it would be a good place to grab a drink if the pool bar is crowded.  

Hmmm, great question. I'm honestly not sure. I know that we wandered up past the Speedway Bar a few times. It did seem open when the go-karts were working. It did not, when they weren't, but I'm honestly not sure if there is causation. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that! You are right it would be a great bar to hang out at as it's outside, has a covered area, and some nice views. It was never crowded when we would pass by.

Speaking of crowds, I'm going to weigh in on a treacherous topic that has been much discussed on colder weather cruises aboard Pr1ma. We had a combination of warmth and cold on our cruise, so saw both sides. When I started this review, I mentioned I might not agree with some folks, even those on our sailing. And, in this spirit, I do disagree with some who were on this cruise.

I truly never saw anywhere really crowded, except for one morning (first sea day) in the buffet. Were seats plentiful? Not always. We always found a seat to plop our butts down. I did notice areas of grievance having a lot of people - Metropolitan Bar, Hudson's, Commodore (ok, Commodore was truly slammed almost every single night), the Atrium, and the theater. 

Oh, actually one more place that was crowded. And, I would not spend time there. It was uncomfortable and I would not have enjoyed time there. I don't care about feet or shoes on furniture or folks using towels as blankets. I know others do and that's certainly their right, but it doesn't phase me in the slightest. I'm a thermal suite user. I can't imagine how many people's sweat I sweated in while there! Not a germaphobe here.

Anyway, the Observation Lounge was nuts every single sea day, with very little seating to be had until dinner time. It seemed folks using the area really enjoyed playing cards, dominos, board games, reading, crocheting, and just talking. I'm glad they had an area to use that was large, had drinks and light snacks, as well as a bar. It's just not for me given all the motion. I'm very much a people-watcher and there's no way I could have done anything but people watch had I sat myself down in the Observation Lounge. 

I did not see any part of the ship that seemed more crowded than previous cruises on Getaway and Joy. I would actually say the outside areas (even on warm days, which we did have), were under utilized. I didn't notice chair hogs on the loungers on deck 8 or at the main pool. The main pool area does strike me as weird, but deck 8 has a better vibe. I'd much rather be on the Waterfront than the main pool area which is enclosed from the sea. 

Obviously, I am not referring to the Haven where seating was plentiful, except some late afternoons/early evenings when all of the lounge seating areas were being enjoyed by guests. 

During my cruise I actually thought, "wow, Pr1ma handles crowds well." Maybe that's because I could retreat to the Haven (sorry Celebrity), but we spent a lot of time outside the Haven and with the exception of the Observation Lounge, nothing seemed intolerable, especially when compared to other ships. Maybe this is because my first cruise on NCL was April, 2022 and was the first cruise to sail over 100% occupancy. The mass of humanity on the pool deck will forever be etched in my memory. Eeeeeek! 

• Like 8

Hudson's RUDE!!!! 

We went to Hudson's on our last sea day for lunch. I want to be dramatic, because I am still upset by this. In the list of anyone's complaints it would rise to less dramatic than one or two ply toilet paper. Two ply is the way to go, by the way! 

The menu posted outside Hudson's was the one we had when we last went to Hudson's. I had no idea there were only two menus. Thanks to @mking8288 for setting me straight on that one! So, we decided Hudson's it would be as I could have the chicken flauta's. The entrée sized version of those is so yummy! I was going to order four orders, given the uhhh diminutive size of them. My husband would enjoy the spaghetti carbonara. He's a traditionalist and NCL doesn't add peas or other stuff to their carbonara. Plus, it's yummy!

image.thumb.png.40cbbda7fcbee8e1afbb717a4435cbc2.png

We said hello to the equally unwelcoming hostess (per other reports and my previous interactions with the non-smiler in charge of Hudson's waitlist) and were seated by another junior host or whatever they call them. Venturing to the aft, we were sat in the second row of tables. Still a great view, this time looking out the port-ish windows. I love the view!! This is where the Haven Restaurant should be!!

The junior host in chief of the Hudson's gave us our menus. I excitedly opened the menu to see not what was on the digital menu board outside. When the poor assistant waiter came by with water I asked her if this was the correct menu. She scurried around to find someone who told her that yes, this was the menu. Apparently the menu board is an imposter! Ugh! Well, the assistant waiter was mortified when we handed the menus back and got up to leave. We told her the reason and left her for the Haven. 

The real menu in Hudson's that day:

image.thumb.png.b0652de2a32ea7949654c983690941e9.png

image.thumb.png.f527215cb4aaf79e7fc9aa00d4ea00e5.png

When we arrived to our Haven, we were seated and given the never-changing menu. Lunch in the Haven has the least amount of creativity! A couple minutes later the alternate hostess came by to inquire if we had just been in Hudson's. What?! They track us! How dare they! We said, yes indeed, we were in Hudson's. We relayed our dreams were dashed by the menu snafu, thus we were in the Haven. She was surprised also that we would leave Hudson's due to the menu. Well...sorry, but I wanted flautas and he wanted carbonara. We got neither, but also didn't have to endure a BLT (THEY HAVE BACON AT LUNCH IN THE MDR) or a cheeseburger. 

Cue the white privileged Karen about now...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

59 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hudson's RUDE!!!! 

We went to Hudson's on our last sea day for lunch ... 

Exactly described some of our days "downstairs" in steerage ... not always, but and not about feeling privileged or not.  Can I have permission to cut & paste and/or cross-link or reference this post on mine. TIA.☺   Wait till I share our story of a 2 and a quarter hour leisurely Hudson lunch, with a "complimentary" basket of bread and premium coffee.  

And, the never disappointed post-cruise eSurvey from NCL just arrived ... stand by, aim & let's hit them.

@mking8288 - Henry

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Exactly described some of our days "downstairs" in steerage ... not always, but and not about feeling privileged or not.  Can I have permission to cut & paste and/or cross-link or reference this post on mine. TIA.☺   Wait till I share our story of a 2 and a quarter hour leisurely Hudson lunch, with a "complimentary" basket of bread and premium coffee.  

And, the never disappointed post-cruise eSurvey from NCL just arrived ... stand by, aim & let's hit them.

@mking8288 - Henry

Of course! My words are (for better or worse) for public consumption. 🙂

Free bread. My oh my! You hit the lottery there - doesn't sound like a pleasant lunch! I didn't experience such waits when we did actually go to Hudson's for lunch (twice). I don't know if the color of my keycard had something to do with that or just luck of the draw. I didn't feel "special" service was provided to us when we were out and about.

And I too received the survey. I'm waiting a bit to be sure I have all my details right. And, of course all the shout outs for the amazing crew we encountered!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I don't know if the color of my keycard had something to do with that or just luck of the draw. I didn't feel "special" service was provided to us when we were out and about.

I know that the color does sometimes matter.   When we were on the Epic this past March with extended family one night the young adults went to O'Sheehan's late at night and my niece (not staying in Haven) was told there was a 45 minute wait for their group of six.   She gave her name and walked off to the side.   My daughter was behind her and the hostess did not realize they were all together so when my daughter gave the Hostess her name and card (which was Haven gold), my daughter was told "right this way" and they were all seated immediately.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

I know that the color does sometimes matter.   When we were on the Epic this past March with extended family one night the young adults went to O'Sheehan's late at night and my niece (not staying in Haven) was told there was a 45 minute wait for their group of six.   She gave her name and walked off to the side.   My daughter was behind her and the hostess did not realize they were all together so when my daughter gave the Hostess her name and card (which was Haven gold), my daughter was told "right this way" and they were all seated immediately.   

We also experienced this recently on the Bliss.  While we are not Haven, we are Platinum.  We approached the MDR for dinner, we’re told of a wait…sat next to a group of 4 who said they had a 15 min wait.  Immediately after sitting down, they called us to be seated in a window table.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

I have never been in the Haven but I am ok with this.  Haven guests are paying extra to be given perks like this even if this perk is not listed.  

• Like 7

7 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I don't know if the color of my keycard had something to do with that

it did. it does. 

it's what i call the "haven halo." it follows you around the ship.

it's a real thing. at least it has been on my haven sailings.

it's why they seat you quicker at this place or that or why you get a preferred widow table. it's why there's an extra olive in your martini and an extra dollop of sour cream on your chili.  (and a song in your heart.) and it's the reason the hostess at the local looks at you incredulously when you say you want to dine there...because she can't conceive of why haven passengers might want to lower themselves to dine with the hoi polloi.

• Haha 6

Ok, ok, so apparently I get all sorts of privileges wandering around the ship. The first time we dined in Hudson's I did notice we were surrounded by others from the Haven. I still ordered my $9 Shades of Blue Riesling! Yum, now that wine is divine. Yea, I'm a cheap date. Cheapest Haven room. Cheap wine. What can I say? My tastes are as fine as the manure in our clover field. 

I suppose I'm wearing that Haven Halo while I wander around the ship. No wonder the spa attendants were sloshing water around me every time I walked past the long jetted tub! Washing water over my feet to make sure they were nice and clean. Now I get it! 

Three olives in my martini! I ate the olives. I couldn't drink the martini. First martini ever. Last martini ever...except espresso martinis. Now those are yum!!!!.

image.png.87eed1667831cf6e4f3e33c64e6b4eca.png

• Haha 10

20 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oooooooo!!! Lookie what happened!! Five cruises = Platinum. Yeeeeeeha! Now give me those free meals and laundry. 

image.png.5a596ecfd5ca69f5c97aa6c78ee93788.png

Yay for you.  Now your halo is Platinum 😇. But you have to cruise NCL again to get those bennies.  Do tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After seeing the silly sculpture's posted in @BirdTravels V!va live, I'm sad I didn't take photos of the ridiculous sculpture's on Pr1ma. I suppose art is in the eye of the beholder...Frankie Boy and Dirty Harry's eye is so not my art eye! The only saving grace is these sculptures are not fake gold. I hate that color....I'm a hater of yellow gold, in general. I know, I'm opinionated. It's why you love me, right? 

Alas, I suppose we'll have to go with these photos of Pr1ma's sculptures instead:

image.thumb.png.88511a750609cf3cdec6403d209c8558.png

Source: https://norwegianprimaarttour.com/gallery - cool site where you can see all the goblinlike Pr1ma art. 

Here is Bird's sculpture garden post for those interested in comparing V!va and Pr1ma: 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

After seeing the silly sculpture's posted in @BirdTravels V!va live, I'm sad I didn't take photos of the ridiculous sculpture's on Pr1ma. I suppose art is in the eye of the beholder...Frankie Boy and Dirty Harry's eye is so not my art eye! The only saving grace is these sculptures are not fake gold. I hate that color....I'm a hater of yellow gold, in general. I know, I'm opinionated. It's why you love me, right? 

Alas, I suppose we'll have to go with these photos of Pr1ma's sculptures instead:

image.thumb.png.88511a750609cf3cdec6403d209c8558.png

Source: https://norwegianprimaarttour.com/gallery - cool site where you can see all the goblinlike Pr1ma art. 

Nothing against the sculptures but it bothered me to see the accumulated greasy palm and butt stains on the chrome surfaces as the cruise went on.  What is it about these things that make people want to touch and feel them?  Maybe we should be thankful they don't have a flat surface for observation lounge overflow users to nap on...

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Haha 10

17 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Nothing against the sculptures but it bothered me to see the accumulated greasy palm and butt stains on the chrome surfaces as the cruise went on.  What is it about these things that make people want to touch and feel them?  Maybe we should be thankful they don't have a flat surface for observation lounge overflow users to nap on...

Ooooo, I didn't think about that! Hmmm, I think I left my fingerprints on a couple of the sculptures. I'm a very tactile person! Perhaps there should be a bench next to each one so hardy chair hugs can rest their feet on the sculpture (I wouldn't do that, btw). 

In other places, I absolutely put my hands on the ancient Roman ruins underneath Barcelona's City Museum! I absolutely had to touch those 2,000 year old city walls!!!! 

image.thumb.png.4a9a771c73ed8cb3d4349572b57659d8.png

Ok, maybe I'm one of "those" people. UH OH!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

UGH!!! Work always getting in the way of Cruise Critic time! Ok, I'm going to give my overall impression, but I still have at least a few more posts after this one, including day two in Barcelona and my time spent in Cartagena/Murcia. 

I'm putting these impressions together with no plan, thought, or outline. It's literally a stream of thought keyboard exercise. Let's see how this goes! 

Pr1ma - the ship. First, I wish I had never seen the 1 in Pr1ma or the ! in V!va. It always takes a split second longer to type the name of these ships. I'm not so sure I'll be able to keep it up with Aqua, given it would look more like "AO≋UA. 

image.png.5822074a581ad02ffc3f42fbcba04d29.png

Ok, no clue how to get the UA back to normal size fonts. I told you....stream of consciousness (needed Google to help me with spelling that word). Wow! 

image.thumb.png.5de30baaa3b06aa5b339d78688b45b90.png

Back to Pr1ma. I asked my husband about the ship. His opinion is that we'll not sail a Pr1ma ship for awhile. He didn't like a few things, including:

- The dead ends! We learned where they were mostly, but still were foiled by one on our last sea day.

- The aft-positioned Haven. It's more pleasant to be at the front of the ship. 

- There's no Moderno or La Cucina!!! Just the fancy-arse Onda which we don't want.

- While he didn't have anything from the buffet, he didn't like how small the buffet was.

- The small main pool area. 

- Food Republic isn't open at lunch, due to that tiny buffet.

- In the Haven, requests for an adequate number of shrimp fell on deaf ears. He had to re-order more shrimp several times as 9 or 13 or whatever the number was, never came properly. 

- Presentation over customer satisfaction and sustainability every time. Apparently the chef cares more about presentation than giving the customer want they want or sustaining NCL's finances. Every time, Shrimp Louie without the dressing was presented. When I wanted no breakfast potatoes (because they're tasteless), they were delivered every time. The concierge was very excited to announce the Haven chef is the first female Haven chef onboard any ship. This is great! I'm all for diversity. The first of anything is to celebrate! It really is! And I did see the chef come out to talk with customers more than any other Haven chef....due to errors with the food, including burgers without cheese, incorrect vegetables placed on the meal, allergens on the plate, etc.. I hope she becomes more experienced and provides a really phenomenal experience to all those in the Haven over time. We need more of that diversity amongst the ship's senior officers and crews. And, I'm completely serious about that. 

By the way, when I say he didn't appreciate, I also mean that I did not appreciate these things either. But my total list is below!

I am always a fan of hearing the bad news before the good news so here is what I noticed that I didn't appreciate:

- I have to correct an error that I wrote about earlier. I mentioned how I noticed slight creaking and popping in our room. When seas were more rough - they were never rough on this sailing, only like eight to ten foot waves - the popping, creaking, and other noise sounds did wake me up occasionally. We noticed these sounds in the hallways, in the thermal suite, in Indulge, and absolutely in our room. We've never noticed any sounds like this, in similar seas on Getaway. 

- In the thermal suite, the long pool is virtually unusable due to the waves. 1/4 of the time it was closed or drained. Other times the waves were just crashing too hard. 

- Pr1ma is a HOT HOT HOT ship. In the thermal suite I expect to sweat. Well, I was a sweaty mess nearly the entire cruise. It was truly ridiculous. No one needs a thermostat set to more than 70. And it was over 70 in all public areas. The only respite was our room. We could crank the A/C down to meat locker temperature. And I did!

- Added to the HOT were the befuddled Haven hostesses when I asked if the outdoor restaurant area had the heat on. Their answer was yes and they started taking us outside. I said wait, nope. Don't be doing that! It's far too hot if the heat is on. The hostesses both looked at me like I was nuts. Well hello! I'm in a t-shirt and athletic shorts. What do you expect? This ship is hot! At least the indoor restaurant part was a little cooler than the outdoor restaurant. 

- Continued lack of music for Gen Z, Millennials. When is NCL going to cross that generational divide to provide music to us? I understand there were a lot of older folks on the ship, but even they must appreciate more youthful music.

- Unlike my husband, I LOVE vegetables. When they're cooked. I don't want those crisp, barely steamed vegetables, but that's all I got the entire cruise. I actually stopped eating the Haven's vegetables by day seven or eight as it was just like pulling a carrot or cauliflower out of the fridge, letting it warm up on the counter, then serving it. Give me some raw vegetables and a nice dip over not well-prepared or seasoned food. 

- You all know I'm going to say hash browns. I want my hash browns NCL! But, I shall survive without. More room for meats and cheeses, than fat adding potatoes anyway. 

- We had one dress code annoyance. We received a notecard for the captain's cocktail party. Showing up, we had on shorts and t-shirts. Actually, I had on my pink button up vacation shirt. And, unfortunately, apparently there was a dress code as a butler told me shorts weren't allowed. I mentioned to him that there was no dress code listed on the postcard we received. I meant to, but didn't, let the concierge know that the dress code should really be listed on the postcard. Yes, it's a cocktail party. But people are on vacation. We would have thrown on a pair of jeans if the postcard had told us to. I hated putting that poor butler in an awkward position. I did go into the party. We walked through, then stood against the wall for a few minutes, before leaving. What's the point of these parties? We had more facetime with the captain at the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. Anyway, I felt badly about the butler having to chastise me. I don't like that. It's why we purposely avoid Le Bistro and the other restaurants where pants are required. 

- The Freestyle Daily blatantly lies about the offerings in Indulge. I confirmed with an officer that Indulge does NOT have ready to go breakfast sandwiches or Tex-Mex egg dishes. I love a grab and go breakfast sandwich. The officer was quick to state I could make my own, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of grab and go? It also was not how the Freestyle Daily discusses breakfast in Indulge (see photo). Not a big deal, but I didn't like it. 

image.thumb.png.deaa8af90cd3b71517a4f4e03379c4ec.png

Here's what we liked/enjoyed/loved:

- Indulge! Yes, please!! Only one time did we give up getting a seat. We found seats in Indulge at lunch and dinner at opening, closing, and all hours in between. You might need to be patient and circle the hall awhile, but you can find seating. The food is great! I do hope NCL keeps this Indulge style Virgin Voyages knock off on all future ships! 

- The Thermal Suite is amazing! I love, love, love the serenity of the lounger area. Lots of snorers, but hey it's going to happen if you provide heated loungers. The different saunas, salt room, cold room, and showers were spectacular. I spent so much time here! And still would if I were onboard. 

- Hudson's is spectacular!!! The views are amazing. The wait to get in was never long - we always timed it just before a gigantic line formed), and the food was solid. 

- Haven sundeck is nice. Seeing the aft wake is wonderful and there is not a lot of wind. Sometimes the soot settled and it did ruin one of my t-shirts. The infinity pool is amazing, however they should have designed it in a way to keep it at normal depth while at sea. The pool was at 4'2" in port and 3'something" when at sea. I understand why. But, just make the walls higher. 

- Drink service - THANK YOU NORWEGIAN FOR UNDERSTANDING the drink service in the Haven is pathetic on other ships. You have to wait forever, because one bar is doing restaurant, bar, lounge, and sundeck service. Now there is a separate sundeck bar. In the evening, the sundeck bar did close, so sometimes we had to wait slightly longer for a drink. No waits like we had on Joy or Getaway though! The bartenders, Rommel and Maria, were amazing! I tried so many drinks I had never even heard of and most were yummy, except that afore-mentioned martini. 

- The room, while it seemed smaller than Getaway/Joy entry level Haven rooms was nice. I suppose cruise ship toilets are always going to be loud and the placement of the bathroom was at the head of the bed. This meant IF my husband flushed the toilet at night, I would have woken up. We opted to have yellow toilet bowl during the evening. Solids were flushed which woke me up once. He, of course, slept through everything! I forgot not to flush a couple times and he kept on sleeping away. 

- The balcony! It was much larger than on Getaway/Joy. Obviously not larger than our aft-facing balcony we've enjoyed, but larger than HJ category balconies. Lovely! 

- Specialty dining and reservation availability was great. We ate at Food Republic twice and Hasuki twice. Yep...my husband is a creature of habit. I did want to try out Los Lobos, but instead chose to go to Hasuki with husband a second time. I don't think I missed out on much. Los Lobos seems to be too fancy for my Mexican food taste. I'm a firm lover of Taco Bell. Yum! Anyway, excellent service and very good food. I did have better sushi in Boston last month. I only order sushi at Food Republic to get the best value for the Free at Sea credit and I enjoy sushi. Hasuki is as good as any hibachi place I've ever been. As for availability - on the day of, our concierge was able to book Food Republic and Hasuki. Possibly a Haven perk, but reservations were very much possible. In the app, the only places with limited reservations were Le Bistro, Onda, and Cagney's. Everything else was almost a free for all! 

- Sea day entertainment - I'm not one to go to a lot of entertainment, so my opinion is probably in the minority. I did feel there was plenty. There were several comedy shows, the Donna Summer show, Price is Right, a ton of musicians singing at all different hours of the evening, and a DJ playing well into the evening hours. 

- Haven server  Edy - Edy was a true gem. After day three or four, we started requesting him for most meals as our server. He learned we have no allergies (so annoying to be asked every time), enjoy ice water, not bottled upcharge water, and that my husband wants his shrimp. 

- Price is Right - I was so wrong about this. I went into it thinking this is dumb. The first five minutes all I could think was this is Hunger Games. It was so fake trying to amp up the crowd. Then the show started. I was literally asking the universe not to select me. I'm not a public person and don't want to wave my arms around, jump up and down, or otherwise do stupid crap to get the crowd going. Thankfully, I was NOT chosen!!! PHEW....I could enjoy the show and enjoy I did! My husband loved it. I loved it. We're Millennials, so perhaps not aligned with many on Cruise Critic, but we'd be ok with more of these type of shows than Broadway style shows. So long as they don't cost extra. If they do, then forget it! We'll just not go. No big deal to us as entertainment is a happy after thought on a cruise.

image.thumb.png.c45db0f3ac3a265495d83d0dcfe60361.png

- NCL is finally putting out notices on what the dress code is at each restaurant. You all know (and some of you know firsthand now) that we dress in t-shirts and athletic shorts. We don't like jeans and seldom wear button up shirts. We have enough of pants during our work week. It was nice to see we were adhering to the dress code at each venue we went to. 

image.thumb.png.88cd94db8dcd39e62f253c4d97def1ce.png

Would I sail Pr1ma again? Yep! I would. I enjoyed my time onboard. The pluses vastly outweigh the negatives. Now, will we? I don't know. My husband is happy we sailed her, but also happy we'll never have to sail her again since we've been onboard. And frankly, so long as I'm on a ship, I don't care the ship or where we go. 

I do think Getaway and Joy are more preferred to me. I appreciate some of the dining they have more than Pr1ma, except Indulge (yummmmmm). Getaway's smaller Haven is better, leading to a more communal feel. Joy's Haven sundeck is way better, given the positioning of the hot tubs and cabanas. 

So, there it is. Pr1ma was a great ship. I had a wonderful time, with a few annoyances. Remember I was a cranky man the morning of Ponta Delgada. That was mostly me, not the ship or crew. We did not experience the lines or crowding others have. The layout of the ship didn't cause us to become frustrated. The crew greeted us kindly and with smiles (for the most part). I hope my love of cruising came out in this far too lengthy live. 

I bet I'll remember something and add to this thread later. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3