Aft Suites near the smoking areas

BRDLY99

Normally do not book a suite but would like to for a big life milestone. Can anyone provide feedback on the aft suites that are above or below the designated smoking areas. Did you notice a heavy amount of smoke?

Thank you

We were on the Discovery Princess in an aft suite, Starboard side, on Dolphin deck, and a smoking area for crew and passengers was below us on Promenade deck. We could not use our balcony because of all the smoke, which also at times, seeped into the cabin. Aft suites on the Port side of the ship rarely if ever have that problem. A lot depends on if the ship is in motion and how the wind blows. But I would never book the Starboard side again. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

We were on the Discovery Princess in an aft suite, Starboard side, on Dolphin deck, and a smoking area for crew and passengers was below us on Promenade deck. We could not use our balcony because of all the smoke, which also at times, seeped into the cabin. Aft suites on the Port side of the ship rarely if ever have that problem. A lot depends on if the ship is in motion and how the wind blows. But I would never book the Starboard side again. 

Thank you, I would like to avoid this so your response is very helpful.

4 hours ago, Crystabel said:

Great info. I have a Dolphin Deck aft suite for my Mexican Riviera cruise next year. Its port side. YAY

9 hours ago, Crystabel said:

We are currently in one of these suites on the Royal.  I do not find our experience with the cigarette smoke to be as bad as this (I’m sure this is voyage dependent).  We have smelled smoke while outside on the balcony.  It has not been bad enough to affect our use of the balcony.  

16 hours ago, Crystabel said:

How long ago was this? Did you complain, and if so, what was the response from Princess? I have booked the Owner's Suite (E729) for an upcoming cruise and am now second guessing this decision. UGH!

8 hours ago, seagunthera said:

How long ago was this? Did you complain, and if so, what was the response from Princess? I have booked the Owner's Suite (E729) for an upcoming cruise and am now second guessing this decision. UGH!

This was a couple of years ago. They generously gave us some FCC.