Where is Cruise Director Jack?

Coolwhip82

We were on the Escape in August and had Jack as our Cruise Director. We LOVED him! Just saw a Freestyle Daily from the Escape and he is not the current CD. Does anyone know where he is? I know he could be off right now, but just wondering. We sail the Joy in 16 days and my kids would go bananas if he was our CD again.

Cheers!

These people are entitled to vacations as well.  It's possible you saw a FD from when he was on vacation.

For what it's worth - I've been on the Joy with Jake as the CD and I thought he was pretty good as well.  I will agree with your love for Jack as I thought he was also excellent on my March cruise on the Escape.

We're on the Escape in mid September and the "regular" officers & crew were beginning their rotations to take time off, as in home leave a/k/a vacation.  Newer / replacements were coming on (you can tell as they are still required to transition by wearing N95 style face mask due working until "cleared" after x # of days onboard (learned that from head of housekeeping over dinner as we recognized the protocol earlier on the Epic)  Jack was probably among those that disembarked in NY, like most of us and probably should be back soon to start a new contract - whether he's returning to the Escape or going to another ship ... 

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

current cruise director on the joy is jake, not jack.

I believe the question is regarding Jack from the Escape...not Jake from the Joy.

In any event, I recall seeing a post a couple weeks ago that Jack (not Jake) is taking some time off and will be returning to the Escape (not the Joy).

11 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I believe the question is regarding Jack from the Escape...not Jake from the Joy.

In any event, I recall seeing a post a couple weeks ago that Jack (not Jake) is taking some time off and will be returning to the Escape (not the Joy).

If you read the last sentence in the OP you'd see the reference to the Joy...