Share your favorite online cruise shopping site

Natitude61

Once again, I waited until November to start shopping for my winter cruise to the Caribbean. All my local stores only have sweaters and coats in stock, but desperately in need some warm weather attire. Please share your go-to online stores that still have summer attire in stock. Looking specifically for tops, nothing outrageously expensive, preferably US based so don't have to pay crazy shipping with long wait times, and prefer no Amazon as I've been burned there before! Thanks in advance!

I've found stylish and inexpensive cruisewear at Venus dot com.  Word of warning, they do carry some shall I say "provacative" pieces that aren't my style (lots of cutouts, midriff-baring, very low cut) and/or too young for my 60++ body (too tight, too short, ripped jeans, backless).  And I still cringe when the UPS driver drops off my packages emblazoned with "S*xy Style."  🤣

That said, I have picked up cute and stylish tops (haven't purchased any shorts, pants, skirts yet) and a couple of chic night dresses for which I received unsolicited compliments. Also purchased cute 'cruise sandals' that I figured I would toss after the cruise, but again, received compliments on the style so now they're keepers.  Also bought a couple of swimsuits, coverups and casual dresses super cheap.  Best part is they have fantastic sales (ie, 30, 45, 75% off) and I've never paid full price.  Easy returns, too, so it wasn't a big deal to find my correct size and fit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:10 AM, CunucuMom said:

I've found stylish and inexpensive cruisewear at Venus dot com.  Word of warning, they do carry some shall I say "provacative" pieces that aren't my style (lots of cutouts, midriff-baring, very low cut) and/or too young for my 60++ body (too tight, too short, ripped jeans, backless).  And I still cringe when the UPS driver drops off my packages emblazoned with "S*xy Style."  🤣

That said, I have picked up cute and stylish tops (haven't purchased any shorts, pants, skirts yet) and a couple of chic night dresses for which I received unsolicited compliments. Also purchased cute 'cruise sandals' that I figured I would toss after the cruise, but again, received compliments on the style so now they're keepers.  Also bought a couple of swimsuits, coverups and casual dresses super cheap.  Best part is they have fantastic sales (ie, 30, 45, 75% off) and I've never paid full price.  Easy returns, too, so it wasn't a big deal to find my correct size and fit.

I actually got a really cute sundress from there a couple of years ago, Yes, the slit came up way higher than I expected, and the V-neck was way lower than I would have liked, but a few stitches made it presentable! And like you said, the price was right!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't even imagine buying clothes for a cruise or really any other travel. If it's warm destination I just pull out stuff from my summer 'wardrobe.' Honestly, what's up with that please?

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 5:59 PM, clo said:

I can't even imagine buying clothes for a cruise or really any other travel. If it's warm destination I just pull out stuff from my summer 'wardrobe.' Honestly, what's up with that please?

Although live in Florida, I dress up more for dinner on a cruise than I would going out for dinner or cocktails at home.  Same with going to the beach; at home I'll typically wear a t-shirt and shorts but going ashore on a cruise I prefer a cute sundress.  Maybe it's just me, but I have a few wardrobe pieces that I only wear on a cruise but not at home.  Perhaps I need to up my game at home.  🤷‍♀️🤣

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CunucuMom said:

but I have a few wardrobe pieces that I only wear on a cruise but not at home. 

Oh I hear you. Those "wardrobe pieces" just stay in a different area of my closet and get worn for years sometimes. PS: I don't think I've ever owned a "sundress." 🙂