Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Nope. You pretty much have to hope they put something good in that insert. 

Try off the menu. It might be like the MDR and Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, and banana splits were not on the menu, but you can request them. Well, it was in the spring.

The ship layout and where my room is and which side my room is on really clicked for me last night. I’m using the elevator closest to my room now. Going to the right side of the ship. I know which floor I need to go to for everything. It took a day or so to get it all down.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Not a big fan of the breakfast menu. I would like to see a waffle, French toast, a breakfast sandwich of some type. I don’t feel like I’m asking for anything crazy. Those are pretty standard items.

Ask. Often at least the French toast is available even if not on that day's menu.

A breakfast sandwich is available at the International Cafe.

Waffles and pancakes are available at the breakfast buffet.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, CC Rider 69 said:

Try off the menu. It might be like the MDR and Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, and banana splits were not on the menu, but you can request them. Well, it was in the spring.

I think those things are on the menu now. At least Caesar salad and shrimp cocktail. I had the shrimp cocktail last night. There’s like a favorites section that is there everyday and those two are on it.

• Like 4

I walked through the buffet. For those who don’t know me and didn’t read the post where I talked about it, I despise buffets.

That omelette station looks a lot better than the MDR. And it has a sign saying Benedict’s available on request.  They also have cooked to order waffles. Do I really want to fight the lines in the buffet every morning? And potentially two lines if I decide I want two things. No. But we’ll see.

IMG_6462.thumb.jpeg.5c5628432baa4db3d4220736fd3e437b.jpeg

IMG_6460.thumb.jpeg.05329d4118fec9a588d3d793fc4b39b7.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 11

This is what they have at the international cafe for sandwiches. Basically what they have at the Java blue on Mardi Gras and Celebration. Doesn’t stop them from having the broken egg sandwich on their MDR menu. I had one of those reheated English muffin sandwiches on Mardi Gras and didn’t like it. That’s the kind of thing I would only do if I have an early excursion and that’s all I have time for.

IMG_6463.jpeg

IMG_6464.jpeg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, edspec said:

I really liked the Princess breakfast sandwich, had it delivered to the room a couple of times and bought it from IC as well.  

We did that also last week with bowls of fruit. Walked down to International cafe for double coffees

• Like 2

I think I’m going to do room service for tomorrow morning since it’s the early Belize excursion. 

Then the rest of the week look at that menu online to see if they have anything good in the insert and if not try one do the cook to order stations in the buffet. It’s more work than I really want to put in for breakfast on vacation but I guess it’s what I gotta do.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 11

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This is what they have at the international cafe for sandwiches. Basically what they have at the Java blue on Mardi Gras and Celebration. Doesn’t stop them from having the broken egg sandwich on their MDR menu. I had one of those reheated English muffin sandwiches on Mardi Gras and didn’t like it. That’s the kind of thing I would only do if I have an early excursion and that’s all I have time for.

IMG_6463.jpeg

IMG_6464.jpeg

I agree. Those breakfast sandwiches are not good, at all. The MDR menu is unnecessarily very minimal. 

• Like 5