Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

Thank you for showing me a picture of the metal strip that you place the medallion against.

You may be one of those people that do not like the formal (suit/tux for a man) and that is fine, but my sons look very handsome when they are dressed that way, and they do it for ME, to bring a SMILE to my face, as I don't seem them dress like that very often. So my question to you is, are you saying the "dress to impress" is about the same thing to you as formal night? In other words, there USED TO BE what they called, formal nights. So maybe one of those nights would have been the Captain welcoming the people aboard the ship, and the other is what you call dress to impress, as what "I" call formal nights now?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, beshears said:

So the tacos (burritos???) are in the buffet area, or another place? Do they have hand sanitizer stations to use as you walk into the buffet area?

Yes, the buffet. Usually the Mexican food is in the section of the buffet closer to midship (open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, but not dinner) than the half that's closer to the aft (breakfast, lunch, dinner, but not afternoon snack).

3 hours ago, beshears said:

Do they have many/any photographers going around very often taking pictures of the guest on the ship? I am different from most people. I LIKE taking pictures, as they are MY memories. 🙂

Many photographers still roam the ship. Backdrops aplenty as well.

5 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you for showing me a picture of the metal strip that you place the medallion against.

You may be one of those people that do not like the formal (suit/tux for a man) and that is fine, but my sons look very handsome when they are dressed that way, and they do it for ME, to bring a SMILE to my face, as I don't seem them dress like that very often. So my question to you is, are you saying the "dress to impress" is about the same thing to you as formal night? In other words, there USED TO BE what they called, formal nights. So maybe one of those nights would have been the Captain welcoming the people aboard the ship, and the other is what you call dress to impress, as what "I" call formal nights now?

I didn’t call anything dress to impress. Princess did. The second night was formal night. Last night was dress to impress which seems like an optional formal night. I don’t feel like as many people dressed up as on the first one. I got by with jeans and a polo both nights so they both seem optional to me. But if you want to dress up both nights, I think it’s fine.

• Like 9

So the tacos (burritos???) are in the buffet area, or another place? Do they have hand sanitizer stations to use as you walk into the buffet area?

They have full hand washing stations walking into the buffet and during meal times I’ve seen an employee there who I think is supposed to make sure people wash their hands but they didn’t say anything to me. I wasn’t eating but they didn’t know that.

There was a taco station in the buffet.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

Do they have many/any photographers going around very often taking pictures of the guest on the ship? I am different from most people. I LIKE taking pictures, as they are MY memories. 🙂

You can get pictures taken pretty much any night. They haven’t been as in your face as carnival. I think maybe the first day I had to tell a photographer no pictures. It feels like they try to take my picture a lot more on carnival. 

• Like 3

They usually have the Taco station everyday in the "Horizon Bistro". It's a sepreate area from the Horizon Court. Entering from the pool area, Bistro,Pastry,Court.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I went to guest services or whatever they call it. Purser smiths desk…to inform them about the discrepancy. Didn’t really like the way this guy was questioning me like I was lying. Are you sure you haven’t been more than twice? They put you down as a party of two yesterday. Are you sure you didn’t bring anyone with you yesterday? Yes want to see the pictures?

So he sent off an email and maybe that’ll remove the charge after they review it.

Princess all I want is a refund, an apology, and for him to be

fired.

IMG_7587.jpeg

I've never had a problem with the service desk, but I'm usually asking why I was charged for a drink when I have a drink package. They just take it off right then and there. You got a "special" guy. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Enjoying you review so much ,we got off Regal last Sunday ,brutal debarkation...we are in our 70,s and doing well but some poor folks had trouble standing in the lines for so long .Not a chair in sight .

The B2B the week before was nice as customs came onto the ship , again what should have taken 30min took 2 hours as missing guests who had not got off ship. I guess their medallions did not ding right as they were long gone.

Go to the culinary show today if you can it was amusing .

• Like 1