Alaska cruise

tigger54

My husband and I are looking at a cruise to Alaska in 2025. We are looking at the 11 day or 14 day cruise. There are 3 ships to choose from. Which would be the best ship? Will any of the have a covered pool? What are other pros and cons to these 3 ships: Ruby, Coral, and Sapphire. We have never been on any of these 3 ships and actually have only been on the Crown. Thank you.

Crown and Ruby are nearly identical so if you can dig up your memories from Crown, you'll basically have been on the Ruby. Coral and Sapphire have the covered pools. Coral is also the quaintest and most intimate of the 3 vessels you have listed as your choices. Can't go wrong with either of Sapphire or Coral if you're looking for something different. I don't really have a strong opinion on what is considered "best" for Alaska.

20 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Crown and Ruby are nearly identical so if you can dig up your memories from Crown, you'll basically have been on the Ruby. Coral and Sapphire have the covered pools. Coral is also the quaintest and most intimate of the 3 vessels you have listed as your choices. Can't go wrong with either of Sapphire or Coral if you're looking for something different. I don't really have a strong opinion on what is considered "best" for Alaska.

The great thing, IMO,of all those listed is that they have a total, walk around Promenade deck.  I spent a ton of time on our sailing just hanging out, watching for wildlife on the very front of the ship.  Sadly, the Royal class ships have no such provision.

If you're planning a cruisetour I would suggest doing the land portion first. The land portion can be very hectic, on and off busses and in and out of lodges. Then you get on the ship and just kick back and relax.

• Like 1

If what is important to you is the covered pool, then Sapphire or Coral. 

We, meaning all us responders, are stating our priorities. So for my priorities, sightseeing. The difference to you is the Coral is smaller and has a forward facing glassed-in buffet to sit and watch the sights. The Sapphire and Ruby have Skywalkers bar high and near the stern to sightsee.