Logo Rebrand

newtocruiseinblue

53 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We used miles on United to book our Premium Economy seats and was able to use Miles + $$ to get Business class on the way over but failed on the way back.  

That being said, that was cheap comparted to our IAD-NRD-SYD Business and HNL - SFO-IAD First Class tickets for our 17-night April Sydney to Honolulu trip next April.   All of those flights are just too long to tough it out in Economy Plus or Premium Economy seats.  

My worst economy flight was on a Delta A350 in “comfort plus”.  I came home with back pain.  I did the same things I always did before.

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

My worst economy flight was on a Delta A350 in “comfort plus”.  I came home with back pain.  I did the same things I always did before.

I have not flown anything except United / United affiliates for years.  We looked at Delta for our trip to Sydney but chose ANA because of the service and it gives us a 7 hour layover in Tokyo on the way !!  Love the ANA club at Haneda and also the Japanese restaurants at Haneda airport. 

1 hour ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I thought the lifeboats have always been orange.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe they were being repainted orange because they were looking dingy.

No pun intended.

3 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe they were being repainted orange because they were looking dingy.

No pun intended.

When I asked DH, he said they're orange (a few are yellow) because they need to show up against the blue of the water.

And Beyond's, which I can see from my balcony are indeed orange.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:12 AM, Fairsky84 said:

I always thought painting Magic Carpet orange made it look like scaffolding or construction equipment on the side of the ship. Yes, it catches the eye but not in a good way. 

It's a scaffold with an upgrade. Magic Carpet sounds like a ride at Disney.

On 11/7/2023 at 2:50 PM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Blue and orange are complementary colors. 

Maybe in New York to Mets, Knicks and Islander fans. They don't complement Celebrity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Orange is the New Celebrity....

It does seem like they've now been using the orange in their advertising.  It does catch your eye.

image.png.8767b7fcf760dc4292c559d1ae519dad.png

I can see the orange being an accent color not the main color they use. In logos maybe we'll have to wait to see if the slightly stylize X in orange shows up more, of the standard white X above sticks around. 

I'm no marketing person, but a giant of well known logos - Coca-Cola pulls off a scripted "full" logo and the plain text Coke logo too.  Coca-Cola seems to perennially be refining their logo strategy as Cherry Coke/Coca-Cola shows:

x7073bwtr3p21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a