Special occassion

Daveth10

I will be on the Gem shortly (Balcony Cabin). We will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary whilst onboard. Is there any point in letting NCL know this in order to somehow make the day a bit more special in some way.

• Like 2

You will receive a coupon for a special events cake if you let NCL know. I like the cake. Some don't, but it's always been yummy, filled with strawberry jam and has whipped cream on it. You can give the coupon to your server at any restaurant. It's a nice change from the more fancy cakes as this is obviously cut from a sheet cake. 

Otherwise, no one cares. Your stateroom steward will decorate your room with cheap, crappy decorations if you pay somewhere around $40. If you want to decorate for your partner, I would suggest purchasing decorations from a party store and then doing it yourself while they are in the shower or something. 

Congrats on 40 years!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

I agree, inform them, BUT and it is a BIG BUT, be prepared for a serenade from the wait staff in the restaurant!!

Yes, we were serenaded on the Prima for our anniversary (#46). And they also tied our hands together before they sang. Nice piece of cake, but we had already had our dinner so after tasting it we took it back to our cabin.

1 hour ago, Daveth10 said:

I will be on the Gem shortly (Balcony Cabin). We will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary whilst onboard. Is there any point in letting NCL know this in order to somehow make the day a bit more special in some way.

Happy Anniversary🌼

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And they also tied our hands together before they sang

i'm confused by this.

had you been naughty?

how was this accomplished?

and was it to symbolically represent your everlasting union?

• Haha 2

We were on Gem for our 30th back when she first launched in 2007 on a cruise to the Western Med.  Our PCC must've let them know bc we got the 'full monty' as others described above; cake, serenade, etc. and also the incomparable Klaus Lugmaier personally came over to our table & wished us a happy anniversary!!!  That was up in the Garden!  Klaus was aboard as Hotel Manager as this was one of the first voyages of the Gem after she launched in '07. 

12 hours ago, UKstages said:

i'm confused by this.

had you been naughty?

how was this accomplished?

and was it to symbolically represent your everlasting union?

All I can say is we were not naughty. Unless they were remembering on the embarkation day we tried to go to our cabin before it was ready, pushing through the closed fire doors, but that was several days before our anniversary.