Extra cases ?

watsonbeau

Hello - booked on QV Med next year 28 days - flying UK on Cunard flight to Rome/back. The flight has just been published on the voyage personaliser and is Jet2 so guessing a Cunard charter or bulk seat buy on a regular Jet2 flight. The usual is 1case per passenger - I don’t think I can pack into two cases for that long - would need 3 as though I will launder, the formal is not going to squeeze in!  Anybody know if they will allow you to book extra case ? We have done it with KLM but that was booked as a package with TA for scheduled flight & Cunard cruise to Panama. Have travelled with Jet2 but not on a Cunard cruise - land base trip to Greece so 2 cases were fine as no dressing up !  Any advice welcome. Thank you.

1 hour ago, watsonbeau said:

Hello - booked on QV Med next year 28 days - flying UK on Cunard flight to Rome/back. The flight has just been published on the voyage personaliser and is Jet2 so guessing a Cunard charter or bulk seat buy on a regular Jet2 flight. The usual is 1case per passenger - I don’t think I can pack into two cases for that long - would need 3 as though I will launder, the formal is not going to squeeze in!  Anybody know if they will allow you to book extra case ? We have done it with KLM but that was booked as a package with TA for scheduled flight & Cunard cruise to Panama. Have travelled with Jet2 but not on a Cunard cruise - land base trip to Greece so 2 cases were fine as no dressing up !  Any advice welcome. Thank you.

Check the Jet 2 website for taking extra luggage, being scheduled or charter should not make any difference to taking extra luggage

Edited by Poole Boy

With Jet 2 you can have some extra HOLD luggage allowance.
You can also combine luggage allowance with others on the same booking.

You can add up to three 22kg Hold bags to your flight booking by logging into Jet2 Manage My Booking.

You will need yout Jet2 PNR Booking Ref from Cunard Flights Dept to enable you to do this.

You also have 1 PC of cabin baggage allowed at 10kgs.

You can also bring another small personal item on board (such as a handbag, laptop bag or airport purchase), as long as it is placed underneath the seat in front of you.

CAVEAT: If this is a CHARTER flight for Cunard then you will have to enquire with Cunard Flights if you can have any extra luggage.
If you have your Flight Numbers already (LSxxx) then look at Jet2 flights and see if the same flight is for sale online and if so, then you will know your are NOT on a Charter.

Thank you. The outward flight looks to be charter but not the homeward. Will get onto TA/Cunard and find out. Thank you 

PS - dog and bone is UK slang for - phone - all the best to you all in 🇺🇸 USA and Canada 🇨🇦 

Edited by watsonbeau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, watsonbeau said:

Thank you. The outward flight looks to be charter but not the homeward. Will get onto TA/Cunard and find out. Thank you 

PS - dog and bone is UK slang for - phone - all the best to you all in 🇺🇸 USA and Canada 🇨🇦 

But you have in fact made it too easy for them, by including the rhyming bit. Many would stop at dog. Now I’m off up the apples to have a butcher’s at something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

But you have in fact made it too easy for them, by including the rhyming bit. Many would stop at dog. Now I’m off up the apples to have a butcher’s at something.

I need to download a British translation app for Americans to keep up with this group (and with all the British murder mysteries I watch). As for the Scottish show Monarch of the Glen, I give up keeping with Scottishisms!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NE John said:

I need to download a British translation app for Americans to keep up with this group (and with all the British murder mysteries I watch). As for the Scottish show Monarch of the Glen, I give up keeping with Scottishisms!

My problem is the varying meanings of pants. I’m never quite sure what’s going on. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/9/2023 at 10:57 AM, exlondoner said:

right click, search.... right click, search.....

Good ones!

Just now, alc13 said:

right click, search.... right click, search.....

Good ones!

My father, who wasn’t an actual Cockney, but did grow up in inner London, in the pleasingly called World’s End, a working class area of Chelsea, genuinely used to talk like that.

• Like 1