QR Code in App

We are due to board the Coral in Brisbane in a couple of weeks (our first Medallion cruise).  I have downloaded the app and put all the information in and the app says we are "blue lane".  Have done dining room reservations etc with no problems.   However, there is no QR code which Princess says is required for check in.  I understand we need to pick up our medallions at the port and I have ordered these.  Have also printed off luggage labels, but cannot find how to generate a digital boarding pass and QR code.   My husband has just downloaded the app too (following the link in an email from Princess) and all the information I have put in has come up for him too, but again no QR code.

As I missing something?

1 minute ago, patch nine said:

We are due to board the Coral in Brisbane in a couple of weeks (our first Medallion cruise).  I have downloaded the app and put all the information in and the app says we are "blue lane".  Have done dining room reservations etc with no problems.   However, there is no QR code which Princess says is required for check in.  I understand we need to pick up our medallions at the port and I have ordered these.  Have also printed off luggage labels, but cannot find how to generate a digital boarding pass and QR code.   My husband has just downloaded the app too (following the link in an email from Princess) and all the information I have put in has come up for him too, but again no QR code.

As I missing something?

Two bits here. 

- The QR code for boarding doesn't show till pretty late in the piece. I didn't take note of how many days, but I seem to recall it being 5 to 7 days from boarding.

- Make sure your app is up to date. My wife's app was out of date, so found "Princess" app on Play store, clicked update, installed and QR showed immediately.

A tip when you get your barcode - to save any issue if things don't load on the day, take a screen capture of your screen/QR code.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The qr code is best used after the health check is done, normally a day or so prior to sailing.

I haven't seen anything about the health check on the app.  Does that also appear just prior to sailing?  I know we don't need covid tests any more.  

16 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

3 weeks out and we’re still waiting for our cabin allocation. 🤷‍♂️

We got our allocation a few weeks ago and it was actually one of those we originally wanted although we could only book a guarantee at the time.  Our first time with a guarantee and we were a bit concerned, mainly as we really wanted a covered balcony and a lot of them weren't, but we got lucky in the end.  We booked through a Princess Cruise Planner and he did say he  would look out for our allocation and made a note of our requirement,  so not sure whether he had any influence.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, patch nine said:

I haven't seen anything about the health check on the app.  Does that also appear just prior to sailing?  I know we don't need covid tests any more.  

Yes, just prior to sailing, it was saying you haven't  been sick or are still sick, like before although covid is also referred to.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The QR code just appeared in the App a week before embarking .  No health requirements to complete - for a domestic cruise at least.

We didn't have to test but we still had to declare that we were not sick or had not been sick in the last week or come into contact with someone that was sick in the last week. Very similar to the health questionnaire pre covid.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, patch nine said:

We got our allocation a few weeks ago and it was actually one of those we originally wanted although we could only book a guarantee at the time.  Our first time with a guarantee and we were a bit concerned, mainly as we really wanted a covered balcony and a lot of them weren't, but we got lucky in the end.  We booked through a Princess Cruise Planner and he did say he  would look out for our allocation and made a note of our requirement,  so not sure whether he had any influence.  

Good score, I imagine there was some influence in the allocation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hi @patch nine, I think you're on the same cruise as us (24 Nov) - look out for the frazzled grandma with 6 rug rats in tow - their parents will be on board but will probably be enjoying themselves too much to notice if they're being a nuisance! 🥴

Thanks for the warning! 😆🏃‍♀️

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, patch nine said:

Thanks for the warning! 😆🏃‍♀️

You're welcome 😊 They're actually not that bad, they'll certainly have grandma growling at them if need be. They're super excited, and can't wait 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PS, we don't have our QR codes yet either. As long as you take along as backup your hard copy cruise summary or some other proof (screenshot of booking) they'll be happy and won't send you away 😊 On our last cruise a year or so ago everyone's QR codes disappeared from the app, so a screen shot if and when it appears is worth having. I did that and also waved around my hard copy booking, showing loyalty level 🙂

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, just prior to sailing, it was saying you haven't  been sick or are still sick, like before although covid is also referred to.

We didn't have that for last week. All the health survey stuff has disappeared from the app, and it is only being monitored in the terminal. No piece of paper to fill out either. As above, it was a short domestic cruise

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We didn't have that for last week. All the health survey stuff has disappeared from the app, and it is only being monitored in the terminal. No piece of paper to fill out either. As above, it was a short domestic cruise

They probably will reinstate the paper oquestionaire at least, but likely on the app as well. Especially  with wave 8 of covid everywhere in Australia and the recent outbreak of noro on one of the ships.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They probably will reinstate the paper oquestionaire at least, but likely on the app as well. Especially  with wave 8 of covid everywhere in Australia and the recent outbreak of noro on one of the ships.

Could well be. At the moment, it all seems good. The difference from last year was massive - very healthy ship. One outbreak, and it will be on like Donkey Kong.

I doubt it will be via the app though, as they prefer it to be universal. It was a glitchy mess when they were trying to get it to do different things in different countries.

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

PS, we don't have our QR codes yet either. As long as you take along as backup your hard copy cruise summary or some other proof (screenshot of booking) they'll be happy and won't send you away 😊 On our last cruise a year or so ago everyone's QR codes disappeared from the app, so a screen shot if and when it appears is worth having. I did that and also waved around my hard copy booking, showing loyalty level 🙂

I have hard copies of everything.  Never trust technology to work when it should!

• Like 1

Something I thought interesting @patch nine was that when booking the MDR for each night, I was able to book a table for 6 for the adults, and on behalf of the eldest rug rat (logged in as her via booking no, name and DOB) she booked a separate table for the 6 rug rats! Hopefully we don't end up on different sides of the MDR, hehehe. You've been warned 🤣

3 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Something I thought interesting @patch nine was that when booking the MDR for each night, I was able to book a table for 6 for the adults, and on behalf of the eldest rug rat (logged in as her via booking no, name and DOB) she booked a separate table for the 6 rug rats! Hopefully we don't end up on different sides of the MDR, hehehe. You've been warned 🤣

That will be interesting - don't suppose many vegies will get eaten but plenty of ice cream no doubt 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Ahh, from my experience of travelling in small groups of 15 to 30, the bigger the booking, the harder you have to work to get adjacent tables. Maybe they will prefer it that way.