Balcony Stateroom Categories

trbarton

I upgraded through bidding from Stateroom: C707 (Balcony: BD), Deck 10 Caribe on the Emerald Princess  to Stateroom: C617 (Balcony: B2. I don’t see any difference in the staterooms other than the location. I thought that I would be getting a sofa.  Anyone know the difference?  Both balconies look to be the same size. 

Tom😎

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I upgraded through bidding from Stateroom: C707 (Balcony: BD), Deck 10 Caribe on the Emerald Princess  to Stateroom: C617 (Balcony: B2. I don’t see any difference in the staterooms other than the location. I thought that I would be getting a sofa.  Anyone know the difference?  Both balconies look to be the same size. 

Tom😎

You are probably thinking of a Deluxe Balcony. That class is on the newer ships. I know for sure, the Royal Class ships have a DB category with a small sofa.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/ships/rp-royal-princess

5 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😎

I thought with the bidding process you were at least upgraded to the next category such as Balcony to Deluxe Balcony. Like you, I thought you'd get upgraded to Deluxe and get a sofa. I certainly wouldn't bid for an upgrade that was just a same type of cabin in another location. 

No Tom. All balcony cat cabins B1, 2 & 4, BA through BF have identical interiors. On Grand Class ships there are no sofas in any balcony cat. cabins. Since both cabins are on deck 10 the balconies are the same size 9ft x 9ft half covered. You are just slightly more centered. 

You probably bid on a premium balcony cabin, which is exactly the same on the Grand class ships, just a midship location (or an aft facing location). 
On this class of ship, to get a bigger cabin, the next step up is a mini suite.  The aft facing premium balconies have some pretty great balconies, though.  

• Like 1