Live from the Sky Princess, 15 day Transatlantic, 10 Nov - 25 Nov

trinitygirl

34 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

Hi Emma - could you tell me the name of the head waiter in Sabatini’s?  Thanks!

Is this the person who greets you when you arrive? So far it has been the same man at breakfast and dinner, but I wouldn’t call him a waiter.  I can ask at breakfast if that’s not who you mean.

@trinitygirl The host at the door to Sabatini could have the title of Restaurant Manager. Each restaurant usually has one of these. 

Here's a little tip about when you go to the concierge lounge from your forward cabin. When I left my room, I would head down the hall to the mid-ship stairs and then go up two levels to deck 14. From mid-ship and just beyond, didn't seem so far when I did this. Reverse on the trek back to the cabin. Once I mastered these routes, the long-distance didn't seem nearly so long. Enjoy what awaits you in the lounge each time you go there! I know I did!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

Hi Emma - could you tell me the name of the head waiter in Sabatini’s?  Thanks!

Hi Crown Cruiser, I just had a conversation with Ranvil, the Asst Restaurant Manager at Sabatinis. He explained that the restructure last year means there is no longer the position of head waiter.  Instead there is restaurant manager and asst head manager.  Hope that helps.

27 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

Hi Crown Cruiser, I just had a conversation with Ranvil, the Asst Restaurant Manager at Sabatinis. He explained that the restructure last year means there is no longer the position of head waiter.  Instead there is restaurant manager and asst *restaurant* manager.  Hope that helps.

Sorry, just saw my typo.  There is a restaurant manager and an asst *restaurant* manager.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gsmith2424 said:

Has anyone else noticed a credit for Port Fees/Taxes on your folio for this cruise? We got one for almost $20 and have no idea why. Wanted to see if anyone else has seen this and if so they know the reason.

We are onboard and we have that credit. Don’t know what it is for. 

Giorgia came to see me this afternoon, to explain about the banging of the anchor which is disrupting the comfort of those of us up front of the ship.  He showed me the weather map and the storm system the captain is sailing around and explained how the result is the directional waves which are causing the problem.  He offered me $600 in future cruise credits as compensation.  Since it’s not really bothering me (I notice it, obviously, but I wasn’t attributing blame) I was surprised and happy to accept.  It seems like others are more upset.  And the poor woman in the cabin beside mine seems to be suffering from seasickness, which would really suck.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Hi trinitygirl.  Can you tell me who is allowed in the Concierge Lounge for breakfast? Is it for suite guests and or Elite level guests? Thank you

I think it must include elite guests because many of the others i spoke to at the drinks the other night were elite but not in suites.  But i am going there for a drink before dinner tonight so I will add this to the question about coke zero and lavazzo coffee.

17 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

I think it must include elite guests because many of the others i spoke to at the drinks the other night were elite but not in suites.  But i am going there for a drink before dinner tonight so I will add this to the question about coke zero and lavazzo coffee.

So how do they get in ?  When I have cruised on Royal class ships you needed a special card to access the lounge. If all elites could use it they would be overflowing out to the corridor 

44 minutes ago, memoak said:

So how do they get in ?  When I have cruised on Royal class ships you needed a special card to access the lounge. If all elites could use it they would be overflowing out to the corridor 

Yes, you are correct.  I just asked and this lounge is only for suite guests all day long.  I must have misunderstood the other evening. There are a lot of suite guests!! Apparently there are the usual pre-dinner drinks for Elites & Platinum guests downstairs - I am not sure where. On the Enchanted it was in Take Five but here that is a walk through space so I am thinking it must be somewhere else.   I can also report that the coffee in here is not Lavazzo but it may be downstairs.  Still no answer on Coke Zero except that the only cans for sale online are normal and diet.

Edited by trinitygirl
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, that's about the right amount for something like that...but we haven't missed any ports!

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, that's about the right amount for something like that...but we haven't missed any ports!

It might be a change in price for the port/tax

• Like 2

HOLY MOLY!   We were in port, the lights of the city of Ponta Delgada right in front of us, then I noticed that the ship started to do that spinning thing it does (I thought we were turning around to dock the other way) and then the Captain's voice came out of the speakers to say that there is a port strike happening in Portugal today, that because we need a pilot on board to be able to leave and they aren't sure that the strike will be over by then, we were missing the port and heading on to Antigua instead.  Far out!  I am really disappointed, I was looking forward to seeing the Azores.  I wonder if this means that they will slow us down so we have an extra sea day, or if they add on an extra port or if we just arrive a day early?  He said that those of us with ship excursions (like me) will be automatically refunded and I guess that might also lead to a refund of port fees (could this explain the $20 some of the passengers have already received?).  I am up and dressed and was just packing my day bag and instead I could have been in bed stlll sleeping...  I guess I am going to go down and have an early breakfast anyway since I am up, and then read the Patter and see what is happening today... I wonder if they have to change things up so that the main dining room is open for lunch and other things that normally happen on a sea day.

• Like 1

So we are off the Azores and the Captain has announced that our call has been cancelled. They have learnt in the last 30 minutes that there is to be a national pilots strike in Portugal today. We can see the coastline of the Azores close by.
The strange thing is that yesterday a couple of people on this cruise reported on this very forum, that their onboard portfolio was showing a $20 refund for port fees and they had no idea wide. Did Princess know yesterday that there was a problem or is that just a strange coincidence that they made some random refunds ?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

HOLY MOLY!   We were in port, the lights of the city of Ponta Delgada right in front of us, then I noticed that the ship started to do that spinning thing it does (I thought we were turning around to dock the other way) and then the Captain's voice came out of the speakers to say that there is a port strike happening in Portugal today, that because we need a pilot on board to be able to leave and they aren't sure that the strike will be over by then, we were missing the port and heading on to Antigua instead.  Far out!  I am really disappointed, I was looking forward to seeing the Azores.  I wonder if this means that they will slow us down so we have an extra sea day, or if they add on an extra port or if we just arrive a day early?  He said that those of us with ship excursions (like me) will be automatically refunded and I guess that might also lead to a refund of port fees (could this explain the $20 some of the passengers have already received?).  I am up and dressed and was just packing my day bag and instead I could have been in bed stlll sleeping...  I guess I am going to go down and have an early breakfast anyway since I am up, and then read the Patter and see what is happening today... I wonder if they have to change things up so that the main dining room is open for lunch and other things that normally happen on a sea day.

@trinitygirlEnjoy your "suite" breakfast in the specialty dining room! One of my favourite perks of the suites. Sorry to hear about the loss of a port day! 

Edited by CruzeQueen2
adding info
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

The captain said that they had only just learnt of the strike. So how could they have been giving out refunds for port fees on some accounts yesterday? That does not make sense given the announcement. I very much doubt that they will add a port to the itinerary. They will just pocket the fuel saving by going slower. He confirmed that port fees will be refunded but that is little consolation for now having to face 6 sea days on top of the 3 already gone.

• Thanks 1

I had the same thought regarding the "mystery refund". Maybe they knew...maybe not and the refund was something else. I guess we'll find out if no additional refunds appear on our accounts. 

We don't mind *too* much missing the Azores...We've been there before. Thankfully the independent tour that we had scheduled was not pre-paid. We were to pay at the beginning of the tour, but I feel sorry for the operator...lots of lost revenue for them. As I understand, they had 4 (5?) vans lined up for a sizable group from the ship. 

• Thanks 1