Visa requirement on Arcadia world tour

warwickshire

9 minutes ago, warwickshire said:

Hi,

Does anyone know what VISAS required for the full cruise apart from USA ,Australia and New Zealand?

I have used this site in the past, bit of a pain but better to check, it is a bit better since covid as some countries have stopped health type visas. 

https://www.handyvisas.com/visa-requirements/british/#:~:text=Unless visiting a visa not,visa authorization (or eVisa).

Edited by yorkshirephil

8 minutes ago, warwickshire said:

Thanks, yes a bit laborious ,I just wondered if anyone else on the cruise had applied for any other Visas ,apart from the 3 mentioned

Have you tried the roll call for your cruise, or join an event for Arcadia on faceache?

54 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

You also need a visa for Sri Lanka.  The earliest you can apply for it is 90 days before arrival.

Is that a definite as we were told it would/could be dealt with onboard, as its a 99 night cruise that does not leave much time before departure?

1 hour ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Is that a definite as we were told it would/could be dealt with onboard, as its a 99 night cruise that does not leave much time before departure?

The advice we've read is that we require a transit visa.  Free of charge anyway.

Making reservations - Will I need a visa?| Frequently Asked Questions | Visa requirements by country | P&O Cruises | Complete Cruise Solution

18 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thanks for the link, when reading through it Indonesia states an E visa is required , however on the UK government site it states that if transiting through one is not required, tbh the whole visa /E visa etc is a minefield of conflicting advice 😔

• Like 1

I am certain you used to be able to look up your visa requirements etc, listed under your cruise number. I can’t remember if it was on the P&O or their recommended visa service provider CIBT’s website. I cannot see this on the P&O site, their link to the CIBT P&O page states:-

"Welcome to the CIBT website in association with P&O Cruises

Please refer to the recent visa information that you have received from P&O Cruises outlining the visa requirements for your upcoming trip

Please select the visa(s) you require by using the drop down menus on this page"

So it’s back to P&O.

The ramifications of not having the correct documents/ heath declarations are too important to rely on what people did or did not do in the past. Travel agents are reluctant to advise but often say look at the requirements on CIBT etc then decide whether to obtain the visa/s yourself  or pay them.

Edited by Bill Y

3 hours ago, david63 said:

Another point to bear in mind is that visa requirements change so what was required last year may not be valid this year or next year.

They don't always tell you when they are stopping the visa, we went to South Korea on our Japan cruise in May and up to a few days before we went we needed an entry visa, there was some scuttlebutt on the roll call about it being stopped but nothing on the actual web site where you bought the visa. In the end we just decided to get the visa as we had booked a tour and didn't want to risk missing the port, plus it was only a few quid, as it happens we didn't need it.

48 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

They don't always tell you when they are stopping the visa, we went to South Korea on our Japan cruise in May and up to a few days before we went we needed an entry visa, there was some scuttlebutt on the roll call about it being stopped but nothing on the actual web site where you bought the visa. In the end we just decided to get the visa as we had booked a tour and didn't want to risk missing the port, plus it was only a few quid, as it happens we didn't need it.

We are finding the whole visa scenario for this cruise quite perplexing, so much varying information as to what type is required.IE, travel visa,  transit visa, full visa , on board passport stamp 🙄   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

We are finding the whole visa scenario for this cruise quite perplexing, so much varying information as to what type is required.IE, travel visa,  transit visa, full visa , on board passport stamp 🙄   

I am not surprised it is a minefield with a lot open to interpretation. 

Sorting out visas is something that takes a lot of time. The starting point is to list all the countries and then look at the "official" visa site for the country, decide what is needed and then wait. Go back a few weeks/moths later a go over the process again, by which time you should have a reasonably clear idea of what is needed.

My philosophy is that if in doubt get the highest level of visa - after all the cost of a visa is trivial in comparison to the cruise.

The other option is to go to one of the visa agencies and let them do the work - the problem is that they charge an arm and a leg for the privilege.

• Like 1