Loyal Royal 💎 Thinking about Princess.....a question about Plus Package

HERDFAN

The plus package is pretty self explanatory and seems the way to go if your going to drink four or five or more a day, what I'm unsure of are the included 2 causal dining meals. Is this meals for specialty dining venues? If not, what exactly is it? 

Thanks in advance.

The casual meals are not for specialty restaurants but for venues just below that level   Depending on ship there will be a minimum of 2 restaurants offering dinner or lunch for $14.95 for 3 courses. You can have 2 of these per cruise. It may include pizza, charcuterie, sushi etc 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HERDFAN said:

The plus package is pretty self explanatory and seems the way to go if your going to drink four or five or more a day, what I'm unsure of are the included 2 causal dining meals. Is this meals for specialty dining venues? If not, what exactly is it? 

Thanks in advance.

Think Class B specialty dining. It can vary by ship (for instance we were just on the Island and basically there was NO option; I believe they offered an option for this at one of the specialty dining spots for lunch a couple days)

34 minutes ago, memoak said:

The casual meals are not for specialty restaurants but for venues just below that level   Depending on ship there will be a minimum of 2 restaurants offering dinner or lunch for $14.95 for 3 courses. You can have 2 of these per cruise. It may include pizza, charcuterie, sushi etc 

Thanks for the info. What would these venues be on the Ruby?

13 minutes ago, HERDFAN said:

Vines and Salty Dog Gastropub   Please note Vines has only one option no real menu. It is veggies then charcuterie then truffles

Edited by memoak

29 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Alfredo's is the venue that *most* people tend to associate this with, but there are others. I cannot think of any of the others though! Hopefully someone will chime in...

Alfredo’s pizza is not on all ships as far as I know it is on Royal class and the Grand Princess not on others. Most only has Vines and Salty dog Gastropub 

14 minutes ago, HERDFAN said:

Vines and Salty Dog Gastropub.

Other venues across the fleet include Planks, Kai Sushi,  Steamers, Alfredos, O'Malley's, Ocean Terrace Seafood, Gigis...  Each ship has at least one, some have as many as 3.   It varies.

With Plus Cruise Package - you have included 2 prix fixe meals pp.  What that covers varies by venue. Generally speaking, a starter, main, dessert - but different venues have different options

Vines - crudites, charcuterie, truffles 

Salty Dog Gastropub - 2 plates and dessert..

Enjoy. 

35 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Other venues across the fleet include Planks, Kai Sushi,  Steamers, Alfredos, O'Malley's, Ocean Terrace Seafood, Gigis...  Each ship has at least one, some have as many as 3.   It varies.

With Plus Cruise Package - you have included 2 prix fixe meals pp.  What that covers varies by venue. Generally speaking, a starter, main, dessert - but different venues have different options

Enjoy. 

What is considered casual on the Island ?  The deck plan does not show Vines or Gastropub 

40 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Enjoy. 

I’ve heard that Vines also is offering sushi during lunch time (maybe on port days only) if the ship doesn’t have Ocean Terrace.  

30 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’ve heard that Vines also is offering sushi during lunch time (maybe on port days only) if the ship doesn’t have Ocean Terrace.  

We did not see this on the Crown in October. Charcuterie only and Vines usually opened after 2:00 pm. Many times not till 4:00

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

We did not see this on the Crown in October. Charcuterie only and Vines usually opened after 2:00 pm. Many times not till 4:00

So, it must be on sea days only and it’s a brand new offering that I’ve read about!  
I think it’s great to have this alternative for lunchtime.  While the charcuterie board is great, I don’t eat any of the meats they offer so it’s just cheese and vegetables for me.  I can’t have that every day .. as good as it is to have with a glass of wine, but only once a week.  

37 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

So, it must be on sea days only and it’s a brand new offering that I’ve read about!  
I think it’s great to have this alternative for lunchtime.  While the charcuterie board is great, I don’t eat any of the meats they offer so it’s just cheese and vegetables for me.  I can’t have that every day .. as good as it is to have with a glass of wine, but only once a week.  

I just didn’t want someone to get on board expecting something that does not get offered every ship seems to br rolling things out differently 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

What is considered casual on the Island ?  The deck plan does not show Vines or Gastropub 

I have never been on the Island, but looking at deck plans do not see any of the included venues.   

7 hours ago, memoak said:

There's a pop-up Alfredos in Sabatini's at lunch time

That's essentially it on island.

No dedicated casual dining venue like some other ships...