Meet & Greet Email

Clay Clayton

I’m hoping one of you can help me.  I am trying by to set up the meet and greets for our upcoming World Cruise on Sky.  I emailed

osk_info@vikingcruises.com

which I understood to be the onboard email for guest relations but haven’t heard back at all. This format was what was used for reaching Saturn last summer (o,first two letters of ship name,_info@vikingcruises) but wondering if perhaps Sky is different or is any of you have a different address to try. 

TIA!

5 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

@Ruthieofthesea is setting one up on the current Sky TA.  You might want to post your question over on that roll call.

Joust heard from my friends who are on your TA on Viking Sky. They are having a great time. Lots of solos on board. 

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

I’m hoping one of you can help me.  I am trying by to set up the meet and greets for our upcoming World Cruise on Sky.  I emailed

osk_info@vikingcruises.com

which I understood to be the onboard email for guest relations but haven’t heard back at all. This format was what was used for reaching Saturn last summer (o,first two letters of ship name,_info@vikingcruises) but wondering if perhaps Sky is different or is any of you have a different address to try. 

TIA!

I had to wait for the first day on board to set up a meet and greet with my roll call with the General manger. Never heard back from any email I had sent before hand. I went to Guest relations and let them know I had names and room numbers. It worked. I also did a simple m+ g  informally  right after sailaway too. My cruise in June had no sea days.

Hope you post a semi live report on this forum Clay when you start your WC. So looking forward to being a armchair guest as you sail half way around the world.

10 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Joust heard from my friends who are on your TA on Viking Sky. They are having a great time. Lots of solos on board.

Beautiful weather so far...69° at 3:00pm.  Only 735 onboard...

• Like 1

Clay - it does seem to vary by ship and personnel (in regards to responses).  Having done 4 of them this year, they've all been handled differently on different ships and crews.  Sometimes it's been the Cruise Director managing it/then delegating, sometimes the Guest Services Manager, and sometimes the Restaurant Manager.  Getting the request to the right person seems to be difficult at times.  One time I knew someone on board the previous cruise and had them personally visit with Guest Services along after printing out my email and showing it to them.  (they had been "busy" but that prompted them).

I now wait until about a week ahead of the cruise - when they are paying more attention.  I did have one cruise (like @Azulann), where I had to initiate the M&M the day I arrived.

Keep trying and good luck!

• Thanks 1

Clay, we had the same experience as Azulann on our recent BIE cruise. I emailed Guest Services to set up a Meet & Greet but never heard back. Soon after boarding I spoke to the kind person at Guest Services and she took charge of setting it up. I just gave her a list of those who wanted to attend along with cabin numbers, and she did the rest. We were in the upper level of the Explorer's Lounge and Viking served kir royales for all and some nibbles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ruthie has email addresses for all the Viking ships and also for some of the back office folks apparently.  We mentioned to her your hope of arranging a WC  M&M. She saild it is challenging on the WCs because there are so many parties on the WCs... 😁 I think she will reply in our Nov 17th thread or maybe here. 

Edit: Clay, Ruthie probably will wait until after our cruise to reply.

Edited by minka34
Added more info.
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

To close out this thread, finally got a response last week from the ship saying we would have to wait until we boarded. Got a second one yesterday giving us the date and time for the Meet & Greet.  😂

Thanks to all who advised and assisted!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1