Live on the Escape Nov 25-Dec 2

CAKEisgood

3 hours ago, Fischmom said:

I just booked the Escape for January so of course there are no dining reservations available before 9 pm. Food Republic says “please book onboard” rather than “not available to book” like some of the others. Were you able to pre book Food Republic or did you have to book that once on board. I am planning on getting on as early as possible (we are platinum) and I am hoping at least that restaurant will have some decent options. Le Bistro is my favorite but I’m not counting on reservations being available. 

There will be reservations available when you board.  We booked last minute and were able to book 4 specialty restaurants with the times we wanted once onboard.  Go to Headliners or Tepanyaki to make your reservations as soon as you board.  We had a great time this week and are not looking forward to disembarking in the morning.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 1:11 PM, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Any clue how full your sailing is? 

Hello. One of the crew members told me there are “about 5000” guests!  The ship capacity is 4266 double occupancy, so I’d say the ship is pretty full. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello and very good morning. We are cruising 🚢up the Florida coastline and disembark in a few hours. We had a fabulous trip and I wish we could stay longer. Thank you for following along on our cruise. It’s been fun doing a live review   

Cheers 🍷

IMG_0509.jpeg

Edited by CAKEisgood
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CAKEisgood said:

Hello and very good morning. We are cruising 🚢up the Florida coastline and disembark in a few hours. We had a fabulous trip and I wish we could stay longer. Thank you for following along on our cruise. It’s been fun doing a live review   

Cheers 🍷

IMG_0509.jpeg

And, appropriately enough, the last picture is cake. 👍

• Haha 2

On 11/27/2023 at 12:35 PM, CAKEisgood said:

Hello. The Freestyle Daily is placed on top of our cabin number each evening. It arrives around 7 pm. It is also located at guest services.

Also at Guest Services is a spot to make restaurant reservations and to review the menus from all the different restaurants. We did not have dinner reservations at La Cucina last night, but I walked up to the hostess around 7pm and asked for an 8pm seating with no problem. MDRs don’t require reservations. Cagney’s and Le Bistro might be more difficult to get a reservation same day. 

Great review & thanks for posting all this..we leave next Sat, 12/9..first time on Escape..been on the Encore, Joy & Getaway lately..so glad you posted the info about dinner reservations because I made all mine in August, but somehow, they never registered, so an NCL rep told me "no problem" that only about 30% of dining on line can be reserved, so I can go to Guest Services as soon as we get on board ( 4 of us..) & book what we want..I hope it works! 

Big Al

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 8:16 AM, CAKEisgood said:

Dinner last night was at Le Bistro last night. It was amazing. We have dined at Le Bistro on all of our Norwegian sailings and this was by far the best. The Chef came out often to check on guests to make sure they were enjoying the food. The Som was very attentive and recommended a nice Rose from Sixth Sense winery to pair with the coq au vin. The coq au vin was fabulous. I also had the onion soup and endive salad paired with the 66 Prosecco. Delicious. 
Dessert was a custard with meringue and raspberry on top. Sooooo goood. 

On the Joy we dined outside over looking the sunset & sea in Le Bistro..always a fav....it was marvelous! I had the escargots ( always have that at Le Bistro!! ), Dover Sole was fantastic...I knew it is not on the Waterfront on the Escape, but that's alright!!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 3:43 AM, CAKEisgood said:

Cheers 🍷

IMG_0509.jpeg

By any chance do you know how much a one day pass for the thermal suite costs? My app still shows no prices. And I do realize a lot can change between now and then, but it at least gives me an idea. 

I tried searching your daily programs, but could not find that info. 

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

By any chance do you know how much a one day pass for the thermal suite costs? My app still shows no prices. And I do realize a lot can change between now and then, but it at least gives me an idea. 

Don’t assume that any daily passes will be available. It is rare. 

On 12/1/2023 at 3:52 PM, Fischmom said:

I just booked the Escape for January so of course there are no dining reservations available before 9 pm. Food Republic says “please book onboard” rather than “not available to book” like some of the others. Were you able to pre book Food Republic or did you have to book that once on board. I am planning on getting on as early as possible (we are platinum) and I am hoping at least that restaurant will have some decent options. Le Bistro is my favorite but I’m not counting on reservations being available. 

I have sailed on both Escape and Joy that have Food Republic. Making reservations on board is not a problem. Plus, there are always many empty tables. I'm sure that you can be seated as a walk up. One of my favorite dining options. And, get to Pinchos. Best kept secret on the shipt. Yum.

On 12/3/2023 at 12:36 PM, cat shepard said:

On Pr1ma last week, a one day pass was $99. We paid $349 for the entire 11 day cruise, others who booked after us paid $389. They did also offer a three day pass. Given the numbers in the spa, I believe there was plenty of availability. 

Use my prices above as a guide only as each ship may vary in price and offerings. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2023 at 4:17 PM, cruiseny4life said:

On Pr1ma last week, a one day pass was $99. We paid $349 for the entire 11 day cruise, others who booked after us paid $389. They did also offer a three day pass. Given the numbers in the spa, I believe there was plenty of availability. 

Use my prices above as a guide only as each ship may vary in price and offerings. 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2023 at 12:28 PM, CAKEisgood said:

Yesterday we did a little shopping in Tortola, BVI.  There are fun shops at the end of the pier. I recommend checking them out. There aren’t many, but you might find something unique. The shop keepers are having good deals for Christmas. Be careful not to over indulge. 💸

I bought a few items from a seller that I always go to when in BVI. She always has the recently released Havana slippers 🩴 and other odds and ends  

There was a reggae singer at the end of the shops and he had an incredible voice. 

Leaving BVI we had an incredible view from our balcony 

IMG_0481.jpeg

Hello! Do you remember the name of the shop at BVI that carries the Havana slippers?

14 hours ago, CruisingMode. said:

Hello! Do you remember the name of the shop at BVI that carries the Havana slippers?

Hello. It was La Boutique. It’s located in the shopping area at the cruise terminal Tortola, BVI. Go inside and have a look.  I always seem to find something I love, including Haviana slippers. 🩴

Have fun!