Dining options on the Crown, Princess.

jacketwatch

I was just informed by my cruise planner and other cruise planners that the only available dining for us on our cruise in April out of San Francisco is in the horizon buffet. They were telling me that everything else is extra. We have the Princess plus package which includes Wi-Fi, a beverage, package and gratuities. It also includes dining at two casual restaurants. Do you mean to tell me that you cannot go to anyone of the other main dining venues anymore?

Thank you

Edited by jacketwatch
Addendum

Whoever you spoke with is dead wrong.

No extra charge dining; All Main Dining Rooms open for breakfast & dinner each day and lunch on sea days. Horizon Ct. buffet open 6am until 10 or 11pm in the evening. Never closes during that time. International Cafe, no charge for food items. Open 24/7. Salty Dog Grill and Slice Pizza and Coffee & Cones by the Lido pools. Open 11am until mid evening every day. Room service and Ocean Now. Delivery is included in your plus package a one time fee if you had the standard fare. There is a selection of food items with no additional charge. Some specialty items have an extra charge.

Casual dining on the Crown includes the Salty Dog Gastropub in the Wheelhouse Bar, not to be confused with the Salty Dog grill before mentioned. Vines in the Piazza. Two casual dining meals are included with your plus fare. Casual dining has a $15 fee for those with the standard fare or if you dine more than twice.

Specialty restaurants include Sabatini's and the Crown Grill. These have a cost of $35 and $39. 

• Thanks 2

I actually found on the app and I can make reservations for the main dining room so I called the cruise planner back and I said please double check. He had said he talk to visor and I said talk to another one! 
he did that and then he confirmed the main dining room. The funny thing is I talked to another cruise planner, and she said the same thing as he did. I have no idea what they’re doing. I called the main 800 number and the cruise planner number and was told that yes I can go to the main dining room and in fact she tried to help me make reservations for those venues. 

we can only use pizza twice for our casual dining. Is it true that we can only have pizza twice without paying for it? 
Thank you again very much! 

1 minute ago, jacketwatch said:

I actually found on the app and I can make reservations for the main dining room so I called the cruise planner back and I said please double check. He had said he talk to visor and I said talk to another one! 
he did that and then he confirmed the main dining room. The funny thing is I talked to another cruise planner, and she said the same thing as he did. I have no idea what they’re doing. I called the main 800 number and the cruise planner number and was told that yes I can go to the main dining room and in fact she tried to help me make reservations for those venues. 

we can only use pizza twice for our casual dining. Is it true that we can only have pizza twice without paying for it? 
Thank you again very much! 

You can have pizza at Slice on the Lido deck free all day, any day.  Alfredos the the 2x casual dining for pizza. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

You can have pizza at Slice on the Lido deck free all day, any day.  Alfredos the the 2x casual dining for pizza. 

If this is the Crown Princess then the free pizza by the slice is the only option. There is no Alfredo’s on the Crown. Your casual options ate Vines and Salty Dog Gastropub. Some say the do some popups pizza but we were recently on this ship for 2 days and there was none. You need a good CVP assigned to you not just whoever answers a phone

Edited by memoak
  • Thanks 1

Actually, two cruise planners gave me the information about free dining at the buffet only. Yes two. 

it was the person at the 800 number or general number who gave me the right information.

Well, I just don’t know how people are trained anymore.

• Like 1

"we can only use pizza twice for our casual dining. Is it true that we can only have pizza twice without paying for it? "

Again whoever you spoke with has no idea of what is going on. On the Crown Princess there should be two options for pizza. One is at Slice by the Lido Pools, open 11am until mid evening. It is walk up. Each day they have regular cheese pizza and one with a topping. The toppings change each day. Ask for as many slices as you want and carry them to a nearby table or to anywhere on the ship. There is no charge. Have as many slices as you want as many times as you like, no limits. I'm not sure about the second option. You used to be able to order a whole pizza from room service. There was a small charge. You could order as many times as you like.

The person you spoke with clearly does not have any idea regarding the differences in Princess ships. There are Grand Class, Royal Class, and the smaller Coral & Island ships. All these ships have walk up no charge Slice pizza. Royal Class ships and two Grand Class ships, the Grand and the Sapphire have Alfredo's, named Gigi's on some ships, pizzeria. This is a sit down casual dining restaurant that serves a 3 course meal which can include an individual made to order pizza. If you have the plus fare and you are on one of these ships then you can visit for no charge twice during your cruise. 

• Thanks 1