Keeping in touch with freinds on board without wifi package

Cash123

Hi,

Have been reading online that on P & O au you can keep in touch with family and freinds onboard by using the My Holiday app/web page and you are able to message them via your phonewithout having a wifi package, Im sure I know what the answer will be but does this work on Arvia, we have a cruise in January and although we have booked the wifi package our freinds havnt so trying to work out the best way to keep in touch other than the cabin phones.

cheers

I don’t believe that this is possible on any P&O ships, but am prepared to be corrected. I certainly didn’t notice any facility to do this on Iona, Britannia or Ventura when we were on board this year. As it’s not an app I should imagine that it might be difficult and P&O IT department can't even cope with simple things 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As it’s only web pages not an app there would be no way of using the free WiFi for any purpose other than using My Holiday . There is no functionality for contacting other people. If that’s something your friends need or want to do they will need to purchase WiFi for sea days and use their  service providers internet access when in port. 

Edited by Winifred 22

On 11/21/2023 at 3:06 PM, Selbourne said:

I don’t believe that this is possible on any P&O ships, but am prepared to be corrected. I certainly didn’t notice any facility to do this on Iona, Britannia or Ventura when we were on board this year. As it’s not an app I should imagine that it might be difficult and P&O IT department can't even cope with simple things 😂 

What did folk do before the Internet?.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

You could just arrange to meet at a certain time!!!

the problem with that is on our Princess cruise last August there was always problems trying to find any seating on sea days so luckily we had the medallion system where we could see where we all were on board otherwise it would have meant we wouldm be walking all over the place trying to meet up, I imagine P & O dont offer anything like this for free to force you into buying their wifi package.

20 minutes ago, Cash123 said:

the problem with that is on our Princess cruise last August there was always problems trying to find any seating on sea days so luckily we had the medallion system where we could see where we all were on board otherwise it would have meant we wouldm be walking all over the place trying to meet up, I imagine P & O dont offer anything like this for free to force you into buying their wifi package.

We arranged to meet for breakfast and made a plan for the day. Part of that plan was to arrange a time to call our cabins in the evening to arrange dinner. Not very difficult at all. We didn't want to be in each others pockets all day anyway.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We arranged to meet for breakfast and made a plan for the day. Part of that plan was to arrange a time to call our cabins in the evening to arrange dinner. Not very difficult at all. We didn't want to be in each others pockets all day anyway.

Oh well , it seems we will have to agree to dis-agree, we go on holiday with out freinds as we want to spend time together whereas you seem to have different objectives but HeyHo everyone is different and thats what makes forums like this so interesting.

1 hour ago, Cash123 said:

Our P&O mole keeps telling us that P&O might also adopt medallion, but I wouldn't hold your breath.