staff shirt/uniform colors

macewank

3 minutes ago, macewank said:

I've heard the color shirt the staff wear has some sort of indication of their seniority.  Like for example, bartenders/waiters and the yellow/gold shirt

Is there a list of these somewhere?

I’ve never heard of this or noticed it.  Not to be snarky, but why does it matter?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, macewank said:

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter one bit.  Random curiosity.

Understood.  I know this is the NCL board, but this is one of the things I like the most about Virgin.  Everyone - from the room stewards to the Captain - wear the same t-shirts,  There are no Officer uniforms with bars on the shoulders/sleeves. I couldn’t care less about rank.  As long as they are friendly and doing their job, I’m good with it.  😃

39 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Understood.  I know this is the NCL board, but this is one of the things I like the most about Virgin.  Everyone - from the room stewards to the Captain - wear the same t-shirts,  There are no Officer uniforms with bars on the shoulders/sleeves. I couldn’t care less about rank.  As long as they are friendly and doing their job, I’m good with it.  😃

All Senior Officers wear epaulets on their shoulders and stripes on their on their jacket sleeves.  The number of stripes indicates the rank-- the higher the number the higher the rank.

T-shirts are supposed to be white, but no requirement as to style.  Even the ladies wear t's (no bras showing).

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment

2 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

All Senior Officers wear epaulets on their shoulders and stripes on their on their jacket sleeves.  The number of stripes indicates the rank-- the higher the number the higher the rank.

T-shirts are supposed to be white, but no requirement as to style.

Completely agree.  That’s how it is with most lines, including NCL.  Not on Virgin.  You won’t see this on those ships.  That was my only point.  Understanding that this not the Virgin board.  😃