B2B Questions

Dolby1000

Very excited to do B2B on the Allure next week. I did not book each cruise at the same time and we are switching cabins between cruises. Does RC pick up on this?

How are our bags moved from one cabin to the other? Do we need to take them off and return? Their website seems a bit incomplete on this.

Any advice is appreciated.

Dave

Things to do:

* Inform your cabin steward you will be moving cabins. On TAD, he/she will move everything for you.

* Pack all your small items back in your luggages...toiletries, shoes, loose clothing, underwear, socks, etc.

Tip: Attach a new luggage tag with new cabin number to your luggage.

* Anything hanging in the closet (clothes in hangers) will be moved as is.

* Make sure to empty the safe and remove all your valuables.

* Try to meet your new cabin steward before the end of your first cruise. You can let him know any request in advance.

Tip: If you need to access your new cabin early, politely let him know so he can clean your cabin first. Be mindful that TAD is a busy day for them.

* There will usually be a special lunch for all B2B passengers. Lately it hasn't been so special...it could be lunch in the MDR or the Windjammer is opened early for you.

Happy sailing!

55 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

* There will usually be a special lunch for all B2B passengers. Lately it hasn't been so special...it could be lunch in the MDR or the Windjammer is opened early for you.

Happy sailing!

Was the special lunch something they did in the past? I have done several B2B in the last few years, most recently on Wonder, and there wasn’t any special lunch on any of these cruises.  

The lunch depends on the number of those doing B2B I’ve found. We had a really nice one on Navigator about a month and a half ago with about 30-40 doing B2B. 

Also, check in with guest services early-ish in the first leg to make sure you’re on their list of consecutive cruisers. (I’m about 50/50 on being on the list already when I check.) You’ll get a letter in your stateroom a couple days prior spelling out any specific details for that ship/sailing. 

6 hours ago, Dolby1000 said:

Very excited to do B2B on the Allure next week. I did not book each cruise at the same time and we are switching cabins between cruises. Does RC pick up on this?

How are our bags moved from one cabin to the other? Do we need to take them off and return? Their website seems a bit incomplete on this.

Any advice is appreciated.

Dave

I just did my first B2B on the Allure 2 weeks ago.  I went to GS to make sure they had me on the consecutive cruiser list.  I was only moving 6 cabins down so I saw when the people left and rolled my bag to the new cabin myself.  They will move your bags for you.  There was a B2B lunch but I didn't attend as I had friends boarding on the second leg right around the same time as the luncheon  We had to disembark and go thru facial recognition in the terminal then sat for around 10 minutes and then reboarded  There will be a letter in your stateroom

Edited by molly361

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Was the special lunch something they did in the past? I have done several B2B in the last few years, most recently on Wonder, and there wasn’t any special lunch on any of these cruises.  

"Back in the day"...

There used to be a meeting held for all B2B passengers...a couple of days or so before the first cruise ended. Questions were answered, and free champagne served.

They will announce where the special lunch was going to be.

I remember special lunches for B2B passengers at specialty restarants...or if in the MDR, a short but nicer menu was given, with complimentary wine.

There was no threshold...now there is. I'm guessing 25 or more...depends on the HD. (Someone can correct me on this)

* We are currently onboard the Symphony...the special lunches have been lunch in the MDR. Fortunately for us, we have access to CK and eat there on TAD.

Happy Thanksgiving!