Using the non-refundable stockholder OBC

Candy Apple 12

What can the non-refundable stockholder OBC be used for? I’ve heard it cannot be used to pay the daily service charge. Is there anything else it cannot be used for, or is everything else fair game? 

It gets split between guest #1 and guest #2 on the reservation which of course are the guests that get the free at sea SDP. Can I use it to buy a SDP for guest #3?

Can I use it to pay for tips for the stateroom steward, butler, or concierge?

Thank you!

55 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

I use it to buy a bottle of high-end duty free liquor in the ship’s stores.

So, we just had $100 Shareholder OBC applied to our upcoming cruise. However, as noted above, $50 went to me and $50 went to Mrs. Schmoopie. If I buy a bottle of liquor for $70 and use my $50, will it pull the other $20 from her account? Or will a purchase not overlap between two people? It seems confusing that they just wouldn't apply the entire amount to one person.

3 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So, we just had $100 Shareholder OBC applied to our upcoming cruise. However, as noted above, $50 went to me and $50 went to Mrs. Schmoopie. If I buy a bottle of liquor for $70 and use my $50, will it pull the other $20 from her account? Or will a purchase not overlap between two people? It seems confusing that they just wouldn't apply the entire amount to one person.

Great question! (We haven't been in that situation.)

28 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I think that it's all treated as one common account unless you set up something special.

• Like 1

NCL onboard credit some of the most restrictive in the industry. No gambling, no cruise next, no daily service charges. Can be used on overpriced onboard spa services, shore tours, drinks, specialty dining and shore ex.

Edited by luv2kroooz

2 hours ago, WillCruiseForMoney said:

@schmoopie17 NCL will treat it as a shared account, unless you ask them not to, so any charges that are eligable for non-refundable OBC will be applied to the $100 that was slpit bewteen the 2 of you.

Will that work the same way for buying an SDP for guest #3? I currently have all three guests under my credit card. I did that just for the ease on online check in, but guest #3 was going to change it over to her credit card at the embarkation port. If need be, she can keep it on my card. We don’t drink, so I’m trying to find the best use of the credit on my upcoming cruise.  

32 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Will that work the same way for buying an SDP for guest #3? I currently have all three guests under my credit card. I did that just for the ease on online check in, but guest #3 was going to change it over to her credit card at the embarkation port. If need be, she can keep it on my card. We don’t drink, so I’m trying to find the best use of the credit on my upcoming cruise.  

Change the nice bottle of liquor to a nice bottle of perfume.

4 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Mr. Schmoopie, unless you and the Mrs. have completely separate accounts, you are treated as one. It doesn't matter. Yes, it will pull the $20 from Mrs. account. You are both combined, for better or worse. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

That would have to be the most expensive bottle of perfume I’ve ever bought. I have $250 to spend. 

Haha ok ok make it 2-3 bottles and get Christmas gifts out of the way. My perfume is over 100$ for a large bottle. Add in some facial cleanser, toner, eye cream, face cream and I’ve blown through over 250$ easily on just my face routine.