What "Cyber Monday Deals"?

Just checked a third time today. RCI website is showing zero "deals" for our May Adventure cruise. The beverage package price is the same as it has been the past six months, 3 meal package-ditto.....so you long term cruisers with this company, normal? But the website gleefully proclaims "Cyber Monday deals, favorites 50% off" What a load of rubbish.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ALTravelGal said:

Just checked a third time today. RCI website is showing zero "deals" for our May Adventure cruise. The beverage package price is the same as it has been the past six months, 3 meal package-ditto.....so you long term cruisers with this company, normal? But the website gleefully proclaims "Cyber Monday deals, favorites 50% off" What a load of rubbish.

Some things are on sale, some aren’t. Some are 50% off, some less.

The “Cyber Monday Sale” is just part of the Black Friday Sale that began on November 9th.

You happened to point out 2 items not on sale. Many lunches are 40% off, water packages are 50% off, the refreshment package is lower than it has been for most cruises, the 4-device internet package is highly discounted, etc.

• Like 2

Hit and miss from other Threads for Sales this last week, Black Friday/Cyber Monday same same with some small deals but mostly Miss. With Ships Sailing at 110% Capacity, Royal bringing in record Billions in Revenue not going run any great Cyber Monday Specials as in yrs past just to give money away.  On Booking Cruises can still find some good deals(compared to the overpriced ones) but have to really look. On my Sailings Drink Package is running at $52, was lot higher last I checked weeks ago, BUT, I don't drink... Then have to remember an up to 30 or 50% off is what Royal says compared to the higher price what you would pay onboard the Ship

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

The sales are meaningless marketing, like any other sale advertising deals or percentage off. The reality is their business is booming, so they have no reason to have sales on fares, except for less-popular routes and ships, like poor Radiance doing the North-South Alaska route. As a solo, my RC sales happen when I find a studio cabin deal, so I booked one of the broom closet studios on Jewel in 2025 for a decent price. The same is true of Princess and HAL, since their ships are full so they offer deals at the margins, like free gratuities and benefits if you pay more. The only actual fare discounts I've seen have been on Virgin, with some around $100/nt for an inside, even over December school holidays (18+ only). I booked a back-to-back in December 24 for a reasonable $250/nt for a solo cabin, and they have a generous loyalty-matching program that gets me more drinks, coffee card, laundry, premium wifi, and the usual included tips and such (plus free Coke machines). 

On 11/27/2023 at 7:01 PM, ALTravelGal said:

Apparently you don’t understand economics 101. A business is not going to offer discounts on a product that is selling well without any discounts.