Crystal Serenity December 2nd to December 16th

Emdee

1 hour ago, CabinBoy2020 said:

A milestone birthday in Waterside at the delightful solo table and a beautiful salad at Umi Uma. Life doesn’t get much better. 

Bill

IMG_9595.jpeg

IMG_9578.jpeg

Happy Belated Birthday, Bill!  I wish I could have been at your table for that -- it looks like a lot of fun!

Vince

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

Happy Belated Birthday, Bill!  I wish I could have been at your table for that -- it looks like a lot of fun!

Vince

Thank you, Vince. I believe we are on the same Vancouver round trip Alaska cruise in July. I certainly hope we can meet and share the Crystal joy. Your many informative posts have been instrumental to my enjoyment of Crystal. 

Bill

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ryndam said:

Random observations for today.

1. If you are ever on a cruise with Annette Manhuyod, run, do not walk to the venue. She has a voice that rivals Whitney, Streisand and Garland. Just saying. 30 minute SRO set in the Palm Court. She could have kept the crowd another hour.

7. Dislike #3 - the phone system snd the in room tablets remain an unfinished work-in-progress. Fussy annoyances.

Rob

Annette is fabulous!  Raphael wants to develop her as a headliner with an evening show!

The in room tablet information system worked great for us.  we downloaded the app to our phones and tablets.  Once that is done we never used the in room tablets themselves.  We just then carried the same information around with us on the ship.  Our phones worked perfectly.

21 minutes ago, CabinBoy2020 said:

OK, Vince the Expert.  Do you know where this is?

IMG_9518.jpeg

I don't know Serenity as well as Symphony, but it looks like the topper on the band canopy by the Seahorse pool, probably?  I know both canopies get hisses and groans around here, but I have to admit Serenity's is slightly less obnoxious.  🙂 

(I want credit for saying something nice about Serenity -- from everyone who thinks I spend too much time loving on Symphony!)

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you on the July cruise!  Based on the martini in the picture, we'll get along great!  😄 

Vince

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Marigot. Long tender ride.

Rob

IMG_8738.jpeg

IMG_8736.jpeg

IMG_8739.jpeg

IMG_8737.jpeg

Beautiful. It is many years since we went to the top and enjoyed the views. We just took the tender to the port from whence I returned pretty fast. DH went on to the wine store to source something for my champagne loving DD. 

2 hours ago, BWIVince said:

I don't know Serenity as well as Symphony, but it looks like the topper on the band canopy by the Seahorse pool, probably?  I know both canopies get hisses and groans around here, but I have to admit Serenity's is slightly less obnoxious.  🙂 

(I want credit for saying something nice about Serenity -- from everyone who thinks I spend too much time loving on Symphony!)

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you on the July cruise!  Based on the martini in the picture, we'll get along great!  😄 

Vince

You’re absolutely right!  I, however, love the canopy. It reminds me of the whimsical Parasol Bar at the Wynn Las Vegas.  Also, the “Pope’s Umbrella” in Catholic basilicas.  See you in July. 

Bill

IMG_9446.jpeg

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Cruise-y said:

Can you still ask for sun umbrellas to be placed next to your chair on the deck?

IME, there are usually shaded chairs available (they are further aft of this pic), so I haven't seen them move around the umbrellas too much...  But the more comfortable beds and furniture under the overhangs go quicker, and are sometimes a different story on more tropical cruises that are heavier booked.

Vince

• Like 1

@CabinBoy2020  Tell me about the solo table you mentioned in the main dining room.   Only one?  How many does it seat and how many on average show up?  Time of seating or people just join in? 

The one you are seated at appears to seat six, which should work well.  I don't know if Crystal still has eight seat tables in the main dining room...but that would be too many. 

4 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

@CabinBoy2020  Tell me about the solo table you mentioned in the main dining room.   Only one?  How many does it seat and how many on average show up?  Time of seating or people just join in? 

The one you are seated at appears to seat six, which should work well.  I don't know if Crystal still has eight seat tables in the main dining room...but that would be too many. 

I’ve seen at least three 8-tops in the center of Waterside. Haven’t seen any of them occupied except one evening when each of the 3 larger tables were hosted by an officer. We saw one 8-top in OO last night (unoccupied). I don’t recall seeing an 8-top in Umi Uma.

That said, none of the dining tables are permanently attached to the floor. They’re all movable. I believe charger sized tables can be requested for larger groups. They may be just two 4-tops pushed together, rather than a round too, but there’s enough real estate available in all venues to be adjustable and flexible.

Rob

36 minutes ago, ryndam said:

I’ve seen at least three 8-tops in the center of Waterside. Haven’t seen any of them occupied except one evening when each of the 3 larger tables were hosted by an officer. We saw one 8-top in OO last night (unoccupied). I don’t recall seeing an 8-top in Umi Uma.

That said, none of the dining tables are permanently attached to the floor. They’re all movable. I believe charger sized tables can be requested for larger groups. They may be just two 4-tops pushed together, rather than a round too, but there’s enough real estate available in all venues to be adjustable and flexible.

Rob

There is an 8 top in the centre of Umi Uma. It was fully seated by the wedding party. Looked a bit tight but they seemed  happy enough! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryndam said:

Rob

We had a group of 9 on Symphony and Remi put us at an oval table which gave us all just enough space.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Most nights there has been one table for solos in Waterside at 6:30. I’ll try to find out if there is a later table. On two nights there were two solo tables. Each with about 6 people including some of the dance hosts.  Some people do wander in a bit later and that’s fine. This cruise all my table mates have been interesting, fun, and congenial.  It’s one of the (many) highlights of my day.  We’ll see about next week….  

Crystal also arranged a solo table for one night each in the specialty restaurants. Again, a great group and lots of fun.  Tonight is Tastes. Your butler can make reservations for these specialty nights.  The Waterside table needs no reservation.  Any other questions, I’ll do my best to answer. 

Bill

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The ocean in Marigot was very calm so I ventured out for a long tender ride and a few minutes walk in Marigot before returning. DH went to a wine shop to source fine champagnes for my DD who is not with us on the cruise. 
Today is another gorgeous day in St.Kitts. 

IMG_4337.jpeg

IMG_4354.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

IMG_0492.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

IMG_4352.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi Bill,

I will be boarding on Dec. 16 as a solo. I have a few questions:

Is there a solo get together on the first evening of embarkation?

Are the solo cabins on deck 7 quiet? My cabin is toward the end/closer to the elevator rather than front of the ship.

Are there loungers available in the shade, or are they taken quickly?

Any special recommendations for dining/special dishes?

Thank you.