Airport To to Pier transfer question

sassycruiser

Hi,

Booked on Regal Princess to leave 12/3.  Have cruised many times but never from Galveston. Only booked last weekend so I have not done as much research as usual.  

We are booked on a Sunday flight from Detroit getting to Houston at 11:05.    We bought the Princess transfer just figuring it is easier.  After providing my flight info now have a message that our flight is coming in too late to guarantee getting to the port.

I tried to call Princess but didn’t get any info. Has anyone had this?  Do they just send the buses to the pier without you?  In your opinion should we change to a Saturday flight? 

thank you for your advice.   

I had a very similar situation for upcoming out of Ft. Lauderdale, the airline cancelled the flight.  We were notified as you were of the problem by email.

First, your transfers are still paid for and not lost. You just need to book another flight.

I wasn't certain if you self-booked your flight, or used EZ Air as I did.

Go to the Princess website and log in to your booking. You will receive another pop-up notice about your conflict. As I recall the website either took me to my booking, or maybe I went to the flights section of my booking. Well, either way, you need to get to the EZAir page.

It will prompt you to rebook. I was anxious, but it was actually very easy to fix. 

Now, if you booked on your own, not EZAir. That is out of my experience.  I wish you good luck, 

Edited by mtnesterz

16 minutes ago, sassycruiser said:

Thank you for your response.  I booked through Delta directly.  I can change the flight without penalty and go down on Saturday night.  Was trying to avoid the extra expense of a hotel.  

Understood. If you have a CVP, that would be best for your airport-port transfer refund, but I have no experience with refunds, except the three cancelled cruises during Covid. They will return your money.

I understand any anxiety you naturally feel at this moment and hope all works out well and you enjoy your cruise.

Just a thought - Houston Hobby is quite a bit closer to Galveston than IAH is.  If it were me, I'd book Southwest air from Detriot to Hobby, then do the transfer from there.  The times might match up better.

Note: I'm not a cruise expert by any means, but have lived in the Houston area for a long time.

4 hours ago, sassycruiser said:

i am going to look today at switching to a Saturday flight.

Wise choice! Hotels near IAH usually have reasonable rates on Sat. night.  On another thread, someone recommended the Marriott which is in the airport so no shuttle is required and u can then take cruise line shuttle on Sunday. Have a safe trip and a great cruise.

Be aware that sometimes Princess is a PITA if you don't book the hotel through them, and hope to get on their shuttle.  I've had issues catching a cruise out of LA using their shuttle when I booked my own hotel using points.  I ended up having to Uber to the port instead b/c "there wasn't room for independent bookings" 🙄   YMMV

If you're traveling or flying to the departure port the same day, (which we are going to try for our next cruise, 😬), make sure you're leaving home very, very early that day,  Way back, on one of our first cruises flying from New York to Ft. Lauderdale, we left New York airport at 8am, our cruise was leaving at 4 p.m.  Plenty of time, so we thought.  We had a delay leaving New York due to an equipment problem with the plane and we finally got to Ft. Lauderdale, there was another delay-- getting a gate because we were off schedule.  Bottom line, we got to the ship a little past 3 p.m.; too close for my cup of tea.  Wife wants to leave and arrive same day; lost the argument! 🤞    

On 12/1/2023 at 10:10 AM, dreams_of_travel said:

Be aware that sometimes Princess is a PITA if you don't book the hotel through them, and hope to get on their shuttle.  I've had issues catching a cruise out of LA using their shuttle when I booked my own hotel using points.  I ended up having to Uber to the port instead b/c "there wasn't room for independent bookings" 🙄   YMMV

Perhaps so...but if they *already* have their transfer booked and paid for all they need to do is show up at the airport baggage area (at the proper time) where the Princess rep meets everyone and they will be shown to the bus.  They cannot say "No room for independent bookings" because they are already booked.