bourbon

flare3192

18 minutes ago, nfcu said:

Z - like you I am a rum drinker and can't stand Bacardi (or Captain Morgan).  On board Regent I usually drink Mount Gay or Diplimatico (sp?) from Venezuela.  

'73, 'N' company.

Wow. Another classy person. Onboard, I ask for Mount Gay with diet ginger ale.  I will look for Diplomático on our next cruise in May.  
‘82, India Company. Go Dawgs!

Z and TB

On 12/14/2023 at 12:25 PM, Zqueeze1 said:

A little off topic, but us rum drinkers are in a worse state when it comes to onboard selection.  First of all, Bacardi rum tastes like you bit into a two by four piece of wood.  In addition, no self-respecting Puerto Rican (me) will drink it.  Give us something drinkable like Don Q! Also, there are some wonderful sipping rums out there like Dos Maderas or Zacapa which would be nice to have onboard.  Finished ranting. 

Z and TB

On 12/15/2023 at 9:03 AM, nfcu said:

Z - like you I am a rum drinker and can't stand Bacardi (or Captain Morgan).  On board Regent I usually drink Mount Gay or Diplimatico (sp?) from Venezuela.  

'73, 'N' company.

On 12/15/2023 at 9:03 AM, nfcu said:

'73, 'N' company.

Ok so I am balancing off the discussion. 🤣 For the past 47 years (yup, but who's counting?) I have truly enjoyed the faint licorice flavor of Bacardi Superior Rum.  Just my 2 cents worth.😁

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 2:13 PM, Jim Avery said:

Actually this is a Viking thing.  Posted on the wrong thread, sorry.

We purchased the SSBP on the Viking Ocean cruise we just completed. There was only a few bottles of Woodford onboard, and they didn't last, even if hidden at certain bars. There is no comparison between Viking Ocean and Regent when it comes to drinks. On Viking, you get nothing worthwhile in your cabin, even in an Explorer suite, just a few low end miniatures. The bars have mostly low end drinks (until they run out), and the wine is the worst we've ever encountered (even trying to pick from the SSBP menu). When Frontera is one of the better included whites, you know that it's bad. The 1.75 bottle of Frontera was 7.99 today at Publix, and their prices are high for our area.

• Like 1

This discussion may help me understand why I was never much of a rum drinker - growing up in the rust belt it was pretty much Bacardi or nothing.  Hence my gradual migration to the finer whiskey selections.  I have been known to sip on the occasional Mount Gay (actually have a bottle in my liquor cabinet) but I've never taken the time to sample the finer rum selections out there.  

Of course, as I've aged I've had to cut back on my tippling (I hate my doctor sometimes) but I can make some exceptions when I'm onboard.

Z - we still need to book a common cruise eventually - I've enjoyed following you on the forum, I'd love to share some rum with you guys at sea sometime...

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 9:48 AM, UUNetBill said:

Z - we still need to book a common cruise eventually - I've enjoyed following you on the forum, I'd love to share some rum with you guys at sea sometime...

We have two cruises planned on Regent in 2024:

Mariner departing 17 May

Grandeur departing 24 Nov

Both and Carib cruises. Check them out. I would also love to partake a little island rum  with you. 

Z and TB

11 hours ago, Genie in a Bourbon Bottle said:

Woodford Reserve is an excellent bourbon. A little bit of smokiness to it.

This is not related to Regent's stock, but if you are a Yellowstone watcher, did you notice that in the earlier seasons, the product placement for bourbon was Bulleit, and in the later seasons, it was Buffalo Trace.

Beth can change her mind when she wants..... Haven't you noticed???🥃

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bruce61 said:

I’d love to hear from those on very recent cruises if Woodford was still available for the mini-bars?  They seemed to have a real shortage of all of the whiskies in September on Explorer.

I had a bottle on our Dec. 2 Mariner cruise and it was no "mini."  A liter bottle and it was well used. 🥃😎

• Like 2