Live from the ViVA

misguy

On 12/3/2023 at 7:04 PM, misguy said:

The problem with the indulge food hall on this cruise is that if you don't camp on a spot at least 30 min prior to to opening you may not be able to get in.  We were there at 12:38 and the place was packed, the hostess told us to go eat somewhere else.

Our strategy on the TA for lunch was to hang out at the bar(then the beer stated running out) and wait for a table, did not mind eating a little later 13:30+ was fine for us:  .

They have short hours so you need to get your orders in before closing time(14:30) as they are prompt and no leeway.
Things were a little better when the outside tables were usable.

Evening never saw Indulge busy the whole cruise,  the Nan are very good, have one even if not doing the Indian food.

2 hours ago, zanharst said:

Could you possibly tell me how quickly the infinity pool areas fill up? Going on Viva on Jan 7th from PR, and plan to use boarding day as my "sea day" and hang out by an infinity pool if possible. Thank you!

Some days they have filled up really quickly and other days not so much,  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zanharst said:

Could you possibly tell me how quickly the infinity pool areas fill up? Going on Viva on Jan 7th from PR, and plan to use boarding day as my "sea day" and hang out by an infinity pool if possible. Thank you!

We walked all around that area on embarkation day and it was empty. If you checkin early (9:30) and get an early boarding pass, or are high latitudes level, you should be fine. 

• Thanks 1

I found out today that they have 3 accessible tenders to GSC.  I didn't take my wife off because I was told there wasn't an accessible way to go ashore, but the accessible tenders are roll off from the ship, and elevator down to lower level and roll off to shore.

54 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

We walked all around that area on embarkation day and it was empty. If you checkin early (9:30) and get an early boarding pass, or are high latitudes level, you should be fine. 

Great!  That's the plan, sounds like it's doable...just made Platinum, so I believe we get priority boarding...just need to remember to pack bathing suits in carry on 🙂

18 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

We had a difficult time deciding whether to go to Rumours or Beetlejuice. Ended up going to Beetlejuice and loved it. Great energy and hilarious. The GM told us that this sailing is the only one where reservations are not being taken for the main theater shows.

I'm on Dec 15 Viva and you can't make reservations in advance for the main theatre shows.  I am encouraged to hear that they intend to have reservations for future sailings, presumably, I'll be able to make a reservation once onboard. 

On 12/5/2023 at 11:42 AM, PATRLR said:

I'm on Dec 15 Viva and you can't make reservations in advance for the main theatre shows.  I am encouraged to hear that they intend to have reservations for future sailings, presumably, I'll be able to make a reservation once onboard. 

Reservations onboard only for Press Your Luck Live and Beetlejuice. 

Edited by kwokpot

On 12/3/2023 at 7:07 AM, misguy said:

I will work on scanning the dailies today and share them.  Last night the comedy show featured two comedians,  The first was a female from Canada, and she had some good bits, but the set wasn't that solid.  The second was a gentleman and he had the audience in stitches.

We ate at Cagney's and it was, as expected, a great meal.   

@misguy

may I suggest bringing the dailies up in the app and screen shotting them with your phone or tablet (whatever mobile your using)?  It worked wonderfully for me on Viva’s TA - I was able to crop them to remove the parts from the previous and/or next pages and post them immediately. I think they looked cleaner and I didn’t have to worry about glare or shadows.

Of course, it took me a day or two to think of that and Viva staff dint have the daily up a couple  times till mid- morning (defined as anytime after 7:30am) so my “Almost Live…” has both techniques posted.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 9:33 AM, misguy said:

Some days they have filled up really quickly and other days not so much,  

On the TA the beds in the infinity pool were “occupied” by 07:00 every sea day. Our cabin (15196) had a great view to that area and there was always stuff, sometimes people too, on the beds when I went out on the balcony to photo sunrise. There are only 3 beds in each pool area. I think NCL should time limit them so people don’t camp out all day… worse than the pool deck chair hogs.

I correct myself - well we did have 1 sea day that was a bit rough, no one out that day.

Edited by ColdCruise