Princess Fort Lauderdale Disembarkation Luggage Forward

SargassoPirate

I've decided not to schlep my second bag for a roundtrip cruise on Princess out of Fort Lauderdale.  I've used Luggage Forward to get an extra bag to the ship with success in the past, so I'm familiar with that process of having the bag picked up at home and the next time I see it is outside my cabin.

How does the disembarkation routine work?  Do I just leave the bag outside my cabin on the final night or do I retrieve it onshore and take it somewhere there?

Just curious how it's worked for others here.

There will be an info sheet delivered to your cabin a couple of days before disembarking.  It is only certain airlines that offer the service.  I know Delta is one...don't know about others.  It is picked up outside your cabin and checked all the way through to your home airport.  Regardless as to whether you get "free bags" via the airline, you will pay a fee per bag for the service.  I *think* $25 a beg, but don't hold me to that. (I've never done this...but I read those sheets every time to see if anything has changed.)  Part of the service is they get your boarding pass for you.  I do not know exactly how that portion works...but obviously you're going to have to supply all of your flight info.

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

There will be an info sheet delivered to your cabin a couple of days before disembarking.  It is only certain airlines that offer the service.  I know Delta is one...don't know about others.  It is picked up outside your cabin and checked all the way through to your home airport.  Regardless as to whether you get "free bags" via the airline, you will pay a fee per bag for the service.  I *think* $25 a beg, but don't hold me to that. (I've never done this...but I read those sheets every time to see if anything has changed.)  Part of the service is they get your boarding pass for you.  I do not know exactly how that portion works...but obviously you're going to have to supply all of your flight info.

Thanks for your info, but I booked Luggage Forward separately from anything offered by Princess. I just wanted to know the process for my bag getting picked up at disembarkation.  

7 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Thanks for your info, but I booked Luggage Forward separately from anything offered by Princess. I just wanted to know the process for my bag getting picked up at disembarkation.  

Ah!  OK...but just so you know, Princess *does* offer this service I spoke of...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Ah!  OK...but just so you know, Princess *does* offer this service I spoke of...

Yes.  And when I clicked on the pre-cruise FAQs, Princess referred me to Luggage Forward.  I already have an account with Luggage Forward.

I just want to know how the bag will be handled at disembarkation.

Screenshot_20231203-123757.thumb.png.e33ca3768a1705f3c1a3b1b5e12c5d52.png

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You're referring to EZ Check, which is a different thing from the Luggage Forward the OP is asking about.  Two entirely different programs.

Luggage Forward is not port or airline dependent like EZ check.