Live from Rotterdam Dec 3 - 22. Daily mini review

QuattroRomeo

After breakfast we made our way to the gangway and once off, boarded the free shuttle bus for the 1 minute drive to the terminal area. If you have trouble walking or just don't like walking in the heat, the shuttle is a great convenience. We just shopped here and looked at the denizens of the aviary.

20231209_121932.jpg

20231209_120428.jpg

20231209_120422.jpg

20231209_120403.jpg

20231209_120351.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Then got a latte and bossche bol at Dutch cafe. Had to laugh- when I cut into the bol, it was empty..!

Had to go back and get a cream infusion! Everyone just laughed along with me! 

20231209_140224.thumb.jpg.76a55b3f872720d145ef84db5dcfb8b8.jpg

They should have given you an extra "free" one for the inconvenience.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have to say the "sales" in the shops are pretty pathetic. Haven't seen anything too great yet..and if you want the colourful bags and other Columbia souvenirs, get them in the terminal shop. Better prices and selection. Will see what is on offer in Colon tomorrow.

The staff have been great and the food generally good so far. But we don't really do the Lido. Have to remember to check out the cakes! From what I have heard walking by in the evening, BBKings singers are good but not great, Billboard is not great ( to me anyway). Haven't caught Rolling Stone act yet. 

• Like 1

Dinner in CO wasn't as good tonight. I didn't take as many photos since we ate with another couple, so at least the company was good! 

I had the CO special lemon shrimp pasta. Had a nice flavour but shrimp and sauce were overcooked while the pasta was a little too al dente. The English toffee/date pudding was our favourite dessert last time on Rotterdam, but tonight was bland. Didn't go to the show- Step One Humanity was on. 

Will just try to get a good sleep and be up early for the Panama Canal tomorrow!

20231209_181154.jpg

20231209_181213.jpg

20231209_181222.jpg

20231209_181225.jpg

20231209_184913.jpg

• Like 3

Nice to see the port shuttle bus in Cartagena.  The first time I was there (2006 on Zuiderdam) it was 105 °F and the walk to the shops and aviary was brutal! And, I was 17 years younger then!!  

Thanks again for all the information and pictures,

~Nancy

• Like 1