Distilled Water

stoddaj1

We need to have distilled water for a cpap on a Caribbean cruise.  I assume that it would be confiscated at boarding.  Can we get a letter from special needs dept. saying it's ok to bring? Who can we contact to make sure we have some onboard. I've read posts that have said they have received some in cups onboard, but really don't trust that.

Edited by stoddaj1

I've always completed the special needs form, and included a request for distilled water. They have sometimes responded that they cannot guarantee it, but I always have had it delivered nightly to my room.  If you aren't confident, I would fill out the needs form, print a copy, and have it with me and a sealed bottle of distilled water.  If they question you, show them the copy of the form you had.  You do know, of course, that CPAPs can use regular water for short periods of time, like a week.

3 minutes ago, JAGR said:

I've always completed the special needs form, and included a request for distilled water. They have sometimes responded that they cannot guarantee it, but I always have had it delivered nightly to my room.  If you aren't confident, I would fill out the needs form, print a copy, and have it with me and a sealed bottle of distilled water.  If they question you, show them the copy of the form you had.  You do know, of course, that CPAPs can use regular water for short periods of time, like a week.

Thank you for your reply.  Where did you send the form?  I found it online, but there is no send button.

I just got off the MSC Seashore this past Sunday. I submitted a request for distilled water and got a reply that they would provide it. When I arrived, they had supplied a bottle of distilled water and an extension cord. They refilled the bottle upon request. Here's a photo of the bottle they provided.

IMG_1367.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 3:46 PM, JAGR said:

mscexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com

I sent the form to this address for my March cruise on Seascape. The response I got indicated that I should carry my CPAP machine onto the ship and to bring my own distilled water as MSC does not supply distilled water. I'm not sure if this is a new policy, but I wanted to update folks.

Edited by Erekosse
  • Thanks 1

Been on 12 MSC cruises out of the Caribbean and never once did I receive distilled water in a bottle. (once I did receive what they said was distilled but it was some they made and in a cup). Never been in YC though and have heard they do get it. I always take a large bottle of Smart Water (distilled) in my carry on and never a problem.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Been on 12 MSC cruises out of the Caribbean and never once did I receive distilled water in a bottle. (once I did receive what they said was distilled but it was some they made and in a cup). Never been in YC though and have heard they do get it. I always take a large bottle of Smart Water (distilled) in my carry on and never a problem.

That may be the difference.  All our MSC cruises have been out of US ports to the Caribbean, and not out of Caribbean ports. Maybe MSC has different suppliers or policies for ships originating in Caribbean ports.

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2023 at 2:41 PM, Erekosse said:

I sent the form to this address for my March cruise on Seascape. The response I got indicated that I should carry my CPAP machine onto the ship and to bring my own distilled water as MSC does not supply distilled water. I'm not sure if this is a new policy, but I wanted to update folks.

I got the same response.  But I have received it in the past.  But it was in a bottle as the picture above shows.  I believe the ship actually makes distilled water and then they add the minerals back in for taste.  They may just be getting it "from the source" before the minerals are added. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 2:57 PM, stoddaj1 said:

We need to have distilled water for a cpap on a Caribbean cruise.  I assume that it would be confiscated at boarding.  Can we get a letter from special needs dept. saying it's ok to bring? Who can we contact to make sure we have some onboard. I've read posts that have said they have received some in cups onboard, but really don't trust that.

They told me to bring my own afte I sent a special needs form.  What they bring is inconsistent and in small weird containers.  On the second to the last night my water chamber was white! Yep, when I wiped at it it was gritty! 

On 12/4/2023 at 10:23 PM, Falckon said:

I just got off the MSC Seashore this past Sunday. I submitted a request for distilled water and got a reply that they would provide it. When I arrived, they had supplied a bottle of distilled water and an extension cord. They refilled the bottle upon request. Here's a photo of the bottle they provided.

IMG_1367.JPG

Thats much nicer that I ever got!  Best I had was a plastic water bottle.