Constellation: Love the ship

ArgoNereus

We are presently on Constellation and are enjoying it so much that we booked several back to backs for next year.

The food has been great, but service a bit slow at times.

I'm gaining well over a pound a day from the food groups I can't resist.

The public areas are well maintained even though there are a few rust spots that are being removed by a hard working crew.

The cabins need an upgrade but we spend most of our time elsewhere.

Activities are wonderful for those who like to stay on board.

I've read many negative posts about the ship but our experience so far has been stellar.

The cold virus is alive and well onboard.  If you are travelling, bring your meds.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ArgoNereus said:

We are presently on Constellation and are enjoying it so much that we booked several back to backs for next year.

The public areas are well maintained even though there are a few rust spots that are being removed by a hard working crew.

I've read many negative posts about the ship but our experience so far has been stellar.

The cold virus is alive and well onboard.  If you are travelling, bring your meds.

Thank you for your helpful but positive post.  DH and I are looking forward to 21 days (B2B2B) on Connie over Christmas/NYE. 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArgoNereus said:

Could you be more specific about this comment? We'll be on the Constellation in the next sailing, and I'd like to know what to expect, in order to be better prepared. Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, tjunmin said:

Could you be more specific about this comment? We'll be on the Constellation in the next sailing, and I'd like to know what to expect, in order to be better prepared. Thanks in advance.

Huh? Expect that there's a good chance you can catch a cold. Bring appropriate medications, as you may or may not be able to find them on board or in port.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gordiej said:

Huh? Expect that there's a good chance you can catch a cold. Bring appropriate medications, as you may or may not be able to find them on board or in port.

Are you on board the Constellation, or is this a generic advice? I'd appreciate to hear an account of OP's actual experience currently on board, instead of something generic. This thread is the first time that I've heard that cold/COVID/influenza (as per Ex-Airbalancer) has been on the Constellation.

Edited by tjunmin

8 hours ago, tjunmin said:

Are you on board the Constellation, or is this a generic advice? I'd appreciate to hear an account of OP's actual experience currently on board, instead of something generic. This thread is the first time that I've heard that cold/COVID/influenza (as per Ex-Airbalancer) has been on the Constellation.

On the TA,  people tested + for Covid and influenza A , I bet RSV was also going around 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

On the TA,  people tested + for Covid and influenza A , I bet RSV was also going around 

Thanks for the clarification.

What would you say is the percentage of people wearing masks on cruise ships these days?

13 hours ago, ArgoNereus said:

Good to read.  We were on Constellation in Oct 2022 and we enjoyed the cruise immensely.

13 hours ago, ArgoNereus said:

Thanks for the positive review of your current sailing. Read with interest as we are on shortly for the first time on Connie and not sure with the recent changes what the service will be like but appears by your experience all is well if a little slow.

1 hour ago, tjunmin said:

Thanks for the clarification.

What would you say is the percentage of people wearing masks on cruise ships these days?

Very few. I was on the Beyond transatlantic and not a lot of masking but a LOT of coughing I wore a mask in the elevator, in the theatre, and when the buffet was especially crowded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lawk said:

Very few. I was on the Beyond transatlantic and not a lot of masking but a LOT of coughing I wore a mask in the elevator, in the theatre, and when the buffet was especially crowded. 

About the same as on the Connie , we did have a 8 seaday in a row , don’t know if that made it was worst as a lot people were in the theatre and for trivia during seadays instead being in port 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

We're boarding this weekend for our first time on Connie and sailing out of Tampa, and unclear on what terminal does she sail out of? Thanks.

We have sailed out of Terminal 6 on Celebrity but all of them are in close proximity with plenty of parking garages.  There is a $20 fee for valet service that many people seem to like.

Just now, SbbquilterUT said:

We have sailed out of Terminal 6 on Celebrity but all of them are in close proximity with plenty of parking garages.  There is a $20 fee for valet service that many people seem to like.

Thanks for the info. We are flying in so no need for the parking garages this time around.

3 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Thanks for the info. We are flying in so no need for the parking garages this time around.

An easy ride from the airport - about 20".  We asked our driver to let us do a quick stop at the Whole Foods which is downtown and not far from the port.  Ran in and picked up wine and a bouquet of fresh flowers for the cabin.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

An easy ride from the airport - about 20".  We asked our driver to let us do a quick stop at the Whole Foods which is downtown and not far from the port.  Ran in and picked up wine and a bouquet of fresh flowers for the cabin.  

Thanks for the additional info. I lived in Tampa off and on for a number of years but haven't been for about 20 yrs so not sure how much I will recognize nowadays. Going to the Columbia in Ybor for dinner so I know I'll recognize that again! Is there a Retreat area in the terminal for boarding? If so, are the Retreat Host/Concierges there to meet and great? This will be the first time back on X since the changes so not sure what to expect other than the great feedback we've read on CC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

We're boarding this weekend for our first time on Connie and sailing out of Tampa, and unclear on what terminal does she sail out of? Thanks.

Look at your cruise docs that were emailed to you. There is a page with port directions that tells you which terminal to use. (Should be page 7)

• Like 1

Hi, all! I'm supposed to be on the 12/10 sailing out of Tampa, but cannot get clear indication from Celebrity as to what documents are needed. Initially, I was told the standard closed-loop documents would be fine - i.e. Birth Certificate and DL. When I tried to check-in online, it requires a passport. Can anyone that's currently sailing - or has done this itinerary recently help. Currently in a bit of a panic. 😭

Minimal masks or caughing noted aboard.  We are avoiding tables for eight and elevators for eleven.  I think we read infections aboard percentage wise mirror the general population.  DW did inform me yesterday I was in line in one of the shops behind and ahead of people buying cold medication.  😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:03 PM, ArgoNereus said:

I wish Celebrity would pay more attention to the cabins in the older ships. Yes, most people spend their time elsewhere,  and yes, the public areas are beautiful but I am a person who likes to be alone sometimes. Grubby or dated bedrooms are not my thing. 

• Like 2