Upsell to Neptune when already have Club Orange

DaveOKC

Just off a cruise where we were offered a last minute upsell from a Signature to a Neptune Suite.  We had to ask, but HAL did apply the $250 pp that we paid for Club Orange at the time of the original booking.  Just a "heads up" to ask when taking a paid upgrade to a Neptune.

• Thanks 3

I don't understand.

With CO you get a free upgrade to the best available room within your meta category - so, DaveOKC should not have had to pay anything to go from a Signature Suite to a Neptune Suite. Was the upsell cost less than the $500 you paid for CO? Did you retain your CO benefits after taking the upsell offer?

friendswithdave's situation makes more sense - paying to go from a Veranda to a Suite. Did you retain your CO benefits after taking the upsell?

Edited by Bill B

27 minutes ago, Bill B said:

I don't understand.

With CO you get a free upgrade to the best available room within your meta category - so, DaveOKC should not have had to pay anything to go from a Signature Suite to a Neptune Suite. Was the upsell cost less than the $500 you paid for CO? Did you retain your CO benefits after taking the upsell offer?

A Neptune Suite is NOT in the same meta category as a Signature Suite.  They are each their own meta category.

Signature suites have their own categories as do Neptune Suites.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

A Neptune Suite is NOT in the same meta category as a Signature Suite.  They are each their own meta category.

Signature suites have their own categories as do Neptune Suites.  

Thanks! I was under the mistaken impression there were four meta categories: Inside, Outside, Veranda and Suites. It makes sense the suites have their own meta categories because there is such a huge price difference between some of them.

3 minutes ago, Bill B said:

Thanks! I was under the mistaken impression there were four meta categories: Inside, Outside, Veranda and Suites. It makes sense the suites have their own meta categories because there is such a huge price difference between some of them.

Happy to clarify.  There are a number of meta categories - inside, outside, Verandah, Vista Suite (dependent on the ship you are on of course), Signature Suite, Neptune Suite and Pinnacle Suite.  They each have their own class.

28 minutes ago, kazu said:

There are a number of meta categories - inside, outside, Verandah, Vista Suite (dependent on the ship you are on of course), Signature Suite, Neptune Suite and Pinnacle Suite.  They each have their own class.

I'll remember that if I ever consider CO.

22 hours ago, kazu said:

Happy to clarify.  There are a number of meta categories - inside, outside, Verandah, Vista Suite (dependent on the ship you are on of course), Signature Suite, Neptune Suite and Pinnacle Suite.  They each have their own class.

I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere...We have reserved a guaranteed unobstructed verandah which now shows as VH. Is there some way to determine the relative merits of other verandah staterooms in the same meta category in order to determine if Club Orange would be worthwhile? Thanks.

22 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere...We have reserved a guaranteed unobstructed verandah which now shows as VH. Is there some way to determine the relative merits of other verandah staterooms in the same meta category in order to determine if Club Orange would be worthwhile? Thanks.

On the HAL website make a mock booking for your cruise, look at all the Verandah rooms available and compare the prices for them to the price you paid for your VH guarantee.

I wouldn't necessarily pick a VA room because I would want to be extreme aft on Navigation Deck (Noordam) i.e. a stern balcony, and those are VBs (the VAs are on lower decks.

The cool thing is - you can pick any room within the meta category.

Edited by Bill B
  • Like 1

According to HAL's pricing of cabins, it absolutely would be worth it. I just checked prices for balcony on my upcoming cruise, and its up to a $2000 difference for a two week cruise. They are pricing the balconies on Deck 10 the highest of all, which is crazy, IMHO!