Actual disembarkation time

YoupDeBoer

As it seems we arrive already at 5:00 AM in Athens.
Which time is it possible at it's earliest (in normal situations) to leave the ship if we disembark with our luggage by ourselves?

We're planning to take a ferry to Paros or Naxos after the cruise. Just would like to have an idea from which time it is possible to catch one.
The schedules aren't available yet for the summer but than I can keep an eye on it.

image.png.2bade75a5954bb358f2cab76d4a90159.png

2 hours ago, YoupDeBoer said:

Which time is it possible at its earliest (in normal situations) to leave the ship if we disembark with our luggage by ourselves?

About 30-45 minutes after arrival, though wouldn't count on anything before about 6.

Edited by Biker19

No, 6:00 is too early.  They have to anchor the ship and do some official things before they can disembark passengers.  Expect the line for passengers to leave to start forming about 6:30, and expect the first passengers to set foot on land about 7:10-7:15.  Once the line starts moving, it moves fast.  We are usually in our car between 7:30 and 7:40.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

No, 6:00 is too early.  They have to anchor the ship and do some official things before they can disembark passengers.  Expect the line for passengers to leave to start forming about 6:30, and expect the first passengers to set foot on land about 7:10-7:15.  Once the line starts moving, it moves fast.  We are usually in our car between 7:30 and 7:40.  

How do you leave a car in Athens when the cruise begins in Rome?

30 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

How do you leave a car in Athens when the cruise begins in Rome?

I think they are referring to the port disembarkation in general and not this very specific itinerary. Not all cruises ending in Athens began in Rome. Just like in the US, there are cruises in Europe that start and end in the same port.

Edited by TheDawg79

1 hour ago, TheDawg79 said:

I think they are referring to the port disembarkation in general and not this very specific itinerary. Not all cruises ending in Athens began in Rome. Just like in the US, there are cruises in Europe that start and end in the same port.

The OP asked a specific question about a specific cruise so I was curious how someone left a car at one port and left from another port. I was expecting a response like we parked our car and took a train or something similar. 

I’d be amazed if people aren’t starting to leave the ship an hour after it docks in Piraeus.

I don’t think I have ended a cruise anywhere in Europe where it has taken the 2+ hours mentioned above so maybe that was US port specific.

The port is large though so it could take you half an hour to get to the berth for your ferry.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The OP asked a specific question about a specific cruise so I was curious how someone left a car at one port and left from another port. I was expecting a response like we parked our car and took a train or something similar. 

Whereas, I thought the question was, "How quickly can I expect to exit the ship?"  

Thanks for all the replies!

Just to clarify things a bit...I indeed asked about this initerary specific.
So no need for us to search our parked car 🙂. We will fly to Rome and from Athens back to The Netherlands.

But good to know we have to take into account that it's a large port and we also need some extra time before the ferry leaves to show the tickets etc. So ferries leaving between 7.30 - 8.30 AM could be done but everything should go than very smoothly. Ferries leaving after 8.30 AM should be fine.

Just have to wait now for the ferry schedules to appear.

20 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Whereas, I thought the question was, "How quickly can I expect to exit the ship?"  

What port have you experienced that timeline?  You post that when people ask about disembarking and it is not accurate as ships arrive at different times and some ports are more efficient at getting people off the ship than others.