Bid Expired

Crookshanks

Hello!

I recently placed 4 bids to upgrade my cabin on my January 14th Cruise.  I went to check on them today and one shows Pending and the other 3 show 'Expired'.  

Last cruise when I bid on an upgrade, it was Pending all the way up to embarkation day.

Anyone else have this happen? 

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

Hello!

I recently placed 4 bids to upgrade my cabin on my January 14th Cruise.  I went to check on them today and one shows Pending and the other 3 show 'Expired'.  

Last cruise when I bid on an upgrade, it was Pending all the way up to embarkation day.

Could it be that those cabin.categories are sold out ?

6 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

Totally what it was!! The pending bid ended up being accepted!! Yay!!

5 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

Hello!

Had a bid accepted 2 days before sailing.  Congrats on your upgrade. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

Hello!

Pardon my ignorance but where do you check on your bids I.e. where does it say expired or pending. I have a few bids in for cruises in the not to distant future and was unaware that you could check.

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, leck57 said:

Pardon my ignorance but where do you check on your bids I.e. where does it say expired or pending. I have a few bids in for cruises in the not to distant future and was unaware that you could check.

Thanks. 

I did the same process to place a bid, put in last name and booking number.  Then it showed the 4 bids I'd placed.  The most expensive one is on top and larger than the others, but the others are listed below.  They'll have a Pending by them, or for me, it showed only the one as pending and the others listed as expired.

6 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

I did the same process to place a bid, put in last name and booking number.  Then it showed the 4 bids I'd placed.  The most expensive one is on top and larger than the others, but the others are listed below.  They'll have a Pending by them, or for me, it showed only the one as pending and the others listed as expired.

Sounds like expired means the same as not a winning bid.   

7 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

I did the same process to place a bid, put in last name and booking number.  Then it showed the 4 bids I'd placed.  

Where did you do that, in the App or somewhere in the Princess Web site. I use the App all the time and can't find it there, but I'll have a better look.

2 hours ago, Hobbes67 said:

So if I may ask, which one did they accept?  The most expensive, or the first one in?

They took the most expensive, even though it was the very lowest I could bid for that stateroom.  

I was in an interior, the bidding options I was given were as follows:

Balcony

Deluxe Balcony

Obstructed Balcony

Deluxe Obstructed Balcony

I put minimum bids in for the first 3 and a "fair" offer for the Deluxe Obstructed Balcony.  There are 3 adults in the cabin, so we were just thinking more room would be nice, didn't much care where on ship we were or anything.

Minimum bid for Balcony was $70 PP

Minimum bid for Deluxe Balcony was $90 PP

Minimum bid for Deluxe Obstructed Balcony was $30 PP

Minimum for Obstructed Balcony was $20 PP

We bid $75 PP for the Deluxe Obstructed, so more than twice the minimum.

They accepted the $90 PP for Deluxe Balcony

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Where did you do that, in the App or somewhere in the Princess Web site. I use the App all the time and can't find it there, but I'll have a better look.

I did it on the computer through the Cruise Personalizer.  

There are a few ways to get to Bidding Screen, but I think it's easiest if you start from the Cruise Summary page.  If you scroll down on the screen there will be a section titled "Plan Your Voyage".  For me, it's the 3rd link, Top picture on the right side of the screen.

It's labeled Princess Upgrade. Click on that link.

It'll then explain what a Princess Upgrade is and there's a Blue "Get Started" link that'll take you to a page to enter your Last Name and Booking Number.

If you're eligible, there will be options to place a bid.  I bid on all 4 options at the same time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, casandbliz said:

We placed a bid around Thanksgiving. Our cruise is in Feb 2024. Does anyone know when we might expect to hear if it has been accepted?

I got my Bid accepted at 32 days out.  But I've heard from some that they only got their bid accepted 2 days before the cruise, so I think it really depends on how many cabins are available.  Our cruise is not even close to sold out.