My Time Dinning Question

pajazz28

I know that Carnival now has the app  that allows you to checking when you are ready to eat and give you a length of time when your table is ready. But  in past sailings I was allowed to cal in the morning and make a reservation a a specific time in the MDR for that night with my time dinning. Is this option still avialable? 

I've never heard of this, but to be fair, I don't really think it's needed anyway. You are rarely going to see a long wait in the app, except maybe for elegant night, unless you are on the new Excel class ships. And even then, you can check in well in advance based on the estimated wait time and eat when you prefer.

Celebrity allowed us to call ahead and make a reservation with their version on any time dining.  That was pre-covid.  I am not sure what they do now.  On our Vista Cruise the last week of October, I was able to speak to the maitre'd in the morning and make reservations on 2 nights when all 14 of our party wanted to eat together.  She gave us a specific time to be in the dining room.  

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

On our Vista Cruise the last week of October, I was able to speak to the maitre'd in the morning and make reservations on 2 nights when all 14 of our party wanted to eat together.  She gave us a specific time to be in the dining room.  

I can see that making sense from the maitre'd perspective too. He can set aside enough nearby tables for 14 ahead of time for those 1 or 2 special situations perhaps simply from removing them from the available manifest for that evening. Obviously that shouldn't be done frequently but as a 1 shot deal that improves the efficiency. I can't imagine the 'computer' trying to accomplish that as adjacent tables would need to sit empty far too long.

And I trust you agree with me that if a very large group like that wanted to dine together most nights that Fixed Time is really the only reasonable option.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jsglow said:

I can see that making sense from the maitre'd perspective too. He can set aside enough nearby tables for 14 ahead of time for those 1 or 2 special situations perhaps simply from removing them from the available manifest for that evening. Obviously that shouldn't be done frequently but as a 1 shot deal that improves the efficiency. I can't imagine the 'computer' trying to accomplish that as adjacent tables would need to sit empty far too long.

And I trust you agree with me that if a very large group like that wanted to dine together most nights that Fixed Time is really the only reasonable option.

We did fixed time for our party of nine.  We could all do our own thing during the day, then catch up at dinner.