Room assignment change.

Cruisin'allovertheworld

Hi. Was booked in stateroom 5111 on Queen Elizabeth and was just looking at my booking (departs in 38 days, yay!) when I noticed my stateroom number is now 8106. What, if anything does this mean? Will my stateroom change again? When will my stateroom be final? Am I more likely to encounter sea sickness being higher up on the ship? Is this a noisier area? This is my first Cunard Cruise and I must admit I'm a little overwhelmed by it all.

As others have said, check the deckplans - eg the ones provided by cruisecritic

Looks like you've been upgraded from CA class to BC class

CA is deck 5 midships balcony, partially obstructed (lifeboat directly underneath you)

BC is deck 8 midships balcony. Otherwise identical

The ship's motions may be more noticeable (the more you pay the more you sway) but unless you're very susceptible to motion sickness I wouldn't be too worried.  If you're leaving on QE in 38 days that means you're going from Sydney to FNQ and back.

image.thumb.png.417cf0f0a8f176a5cb64dee3080dfedc.png

The seas should be fairly calm (especially on the inside of the Great Barrier Reef) unless there's another Tropical Cyclone offshore somewhere.

On deck 8 I'd mostly be concerned about being underneath one of the pools, but being midships you only have the Lido buffet above you.

Also you're now on the port (left) side of the ship, not starboard.  So you'll get better views of the Australian coast (when nearby) but not the GBR.

If you're staying on for the NZ leg then you're more likely to get some heavy seas.

image.png.0522a37f664c6b474157f795d470de56.png

• Like 4

On 12/14/2023 at 11:29 PM, Cruisin'allovertheworld said:

Hi. Was booked in stateroom 5111 on Queen Elizabeth and was just looking at my booking (departs in 38 days, yay!) when I noticed my stateroom number is now 8106. What, if anything does this mean? Will my stateroom change again? When will my stateroom be final? Am I more likely to encounter sea sickness being higher up on the ship? Is this a noisier area? This is my first Cunard Cruise and I must admit I'm a little overwhelmed by it all.

It is very rare to have a second change this close to sail date. 8106 has suites on the deck below, ideal and a Lido Buffet Restaurant above.  This is not an open deck part of the ship (which can be noisy when the loungers are being set out or stowed) you have an inside restaurant above you. That is acceptable as it is not a music venue or other noisy place. The big bonus is the much improved balcony with a clear sea view.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Problem with having buffet restaurant above your cabin is it opens early for continental breakfast and staff can be dragging trollies early to prepare breakfast. Also if you are unlucky and the cabin is below part of restaurant that is open for late snacks and you go bed early there can be noise into early hours.

• Like 1