Does NCL book flights on Play Airlines?

ed111

Anyone know if NCL would book flights on Play airlines?

For those unaware it's a low cost carrier between US and Europe, where their base fares are very cheap but bags are very expensive ($240 per bag round trip), which would significantly reduce the value proposition of allowing NCL to book my flights.

Yeah specifically Iceland based. They more or less replaced Wow airlines which went bankrupt. They serve a few US cities on the east coast, have a connection Reykjavik, and then fly to many European destinations. 

Sort of like flying Spirit or Frontier internationally. 

Edited by ed111

Look on booking sites for routes/air carriers for your city to where you are going to be departing from. They will choose between combination of best price & best time & best route. I have had them book me on flights that were more expensive with better timing to arrival/departure

Yeah so Play offers a non-stop flight to my cruise departure (Reykjavík, Iceland), though Play doesn't sell a ticket from the end of my cruise (Tromso, Norway) back home. 

So I think I'm safe? The only way they could book it is if they did two one-way tickets with different airlines. This seems unlikely, but maybe?

2 minutes ago, ed111 said:

Yeah so Play offers a non-stop flight to my cruise departure (Reykjavík, Iceland), though Play doesn't sell a ticket from the end of my cruise (Tromso, Norway) back home. 

So I think I'm safe? The only way they could book it is if they did two one-way tickets with different airlines. This seems unlikely, but maybe?

In all my years with NCL I've never once heard of anyone mentioning "Play".   I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ed111 said:

NO worries.  They won't.

So, you haven't booked a cruise yet?  Book it and THEN see what NCL's flights are.  The good news is, it can't be any worse of an airline than the one you're stressing about.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

NO worries.  They won't.

So, you haven't booked a cruise yet?  Book it and THEN see what NCL's flights are.  The good news is, it can't be any worse of an airline than the one you're stressing about.

They won't what?  I think I have seen people report before that they got two different airlines for BOGO air with an open-jaw itinerary like the OP has.

20 hours ago, ed111 said:

I read NCL last year had a charter for the Tromso leg to get to a major  as Tromso is not well connected.

Would have considered the cruise if I had known as flight logistics are not great DIY.

15 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

I read NCL last year had a charter for the Tromso leg to get to a major  as Tromso is not well connected.

Would have considered the cruise if I had known as flight logistics are not great DIY.

Interesting. Was this on Cruise Critic? I will need to dig up that thread.

I may not do a post cruise deviation in that case as it will be annoying to get back. At least 2-3 stops. 

37 minutes ago, ed111 said:

Interesting. Was this on Cruise Critic? I will need to dig up that thread.

I may not do a post cruise deviation in that case as it will be annoying to get back. At least 2-3 stops. 

Was CC but can't remember the thread.

Might be a live from.

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

They won't what?  I think I have seen people report before that they got two different airlines for BOGO air with an open-jaw itinerary like the OP has.

NCL won't book that airline!

As an aside, if you want a say in flight times, flight dates, etc, book your own air.  If not, you'll get what NCL gives you.  

Edited by graphicguy

We flew Play in August 2022.  Would I do it again?  Heck yes!   They were WONDERFUL.  Seems as though Icelandians are the tallest people in the world.  The leg room is gigantic.  We never felt like it was a "Frontier" or "Spirit" experience.  At all. 

You can find a good review of them in the Points Guy.

Edited by bstreep