Jost Van Dyke Excursion

Margio

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

We will be in Tortola in February on Ascent. You may want to check this company out for an excursion. They have one to Yost Van Dyke. 

https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com

Cheers! 

Have you used them before?  Still a little anxious about booking an excursion outside the cruise line. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, countess5 said:

We will be in Tortola in February on Ascent. You may want to check this company out for an excursion. They have one to Yost Van Dyke. 

Cheers! 

We are using this company mid January.  There are a large group from our cruise that booked it.  I will be sure to let you know how it was when we get back.  I've been to Jost Van Dyke and it is a lot of fun.  

10 hours ago, countess5 said:

Cheers! 

We booked with this company since the Celebrity option was sold out.  It sounds like the exact same tour.  Our tour date is Jan 17, 2024.  No e mail about cancellation yet.

6 hours ago, Julma said:

We are using this company mid January.  There are a large group from our cruise that booked it.  I will be sure to let you know how it was when we get back.  I've been to Jost Van Dyke and it is a lot of fun.  

Are you on the Jan 17 tour?  We are.

10 hours ago, richczarnecki said:

We booked with this company since the Celebrity option was sold out.  It sounds like the exact same tour.  Our tour date is Jan 17, 2024.  No e mail about cancellation yet.

Are you on the Jan 17 tour?  We are.

Yes.  Jan 17th at 9:15

• Like 1

We have this booked for Jan 2025 on Beyond and just checked the Shore Excursion list and didn’t see it shown anymore.  Didn’t get a cancellation email but something is definitely up. It’s interesting that more than a year in advance that this excursion was already sold out

The reason I booked this cruise was for Tortola and JVD so if it’s gone, I will surely be looking to just fly to Tortola for a land based vacation

Edited by Cruise till you drop

22 hours ago, cnowak1964 said:

Have you used this company before? 

Have not used them, I normally use tours by locals which I am using in Japan next May. I looked at them for Tortola and didn’t see anything of interest. Our TA uses this vendor as an option. 

Cheers 

3 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Have not used them, I normally use tours by locals which I am using in Japan next May. I looked at them for Tortola and didn’t see anything of interest. Our TA uses this vendor as an option. 

Cheers 

I’ve never heard of them but when I went to my travel agents website and clicked Shore Excursions, this site popped up

21 hours ago, Margio said:

Have you used them before?  Still a little anxious about booking an excursion outside the cruise line. 

I have used them and liked the excursions. However, I have a cautionary tale.

When I received my final confirmations 13 days prior for 2 of the excursions I booked, I noticed that on 1 excursion I had paid for 4 people instead of 2 and on another excursion I had paid for 6 people instead of 2. I called to cancel the extra people and was informed that they have a 2 week cancellation policy and no I could not get my money back.

I checked my emails and did not have any initial confirmations for the extra people. Because of this, I was able to get my money back from my credit card. I asked them to please not accept any future charges from this company.

We did enjoy the excursions, but be very careful and check your credit card regularly for stray charges.

Here is the notice we received:

There's been a change to some of your cruise plans

Dear Guest, we’ve processed an excursion cancellation on your reservation for one of the following scenarios:

You’ve requested for an excursion to be cancelled

There’s been a change to your itinerary

Operational reasons

If you didn’t cancel the excursion yourself, we apologize for the inconvenience.

A refund will be issued to your original form of payment. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for this transaction to be completed.

To select a new excursion, please log-in to your account at https://www.celebrity.com/account/ to review your shore excursions.  

5 minutes ago, Margio said:

Here is the notice we received:

There's been a change to some of your cruise plans

Dear Guest, we’ve processed an excursion cancellation on your reservation for one of the following scenarios:

You’ve requested for an excursion to be cancelled

There’s been a change to your itinerary

Operational reasons

If you didn’t cancel the excursion yourself, we apologize for the inconvenience.

A refund will be issued to your original form of payment. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for this transaction to be completed.

To select a new excursion, please log-in to your account at https://www.celebrity.com/account/ to review your shore excursions.  

Wow that’s kind of a vague and useless explanation.  Thanks for sharing this

5 hours ago, doghog said:

I've heard the Soggy Dollar Bar is the place to hang out for good drinks (painkiller) and the beach. 

Soggy Dollar is fine but has become a very touristy location. There are other bars on White Bay actually owned by residents of Jost. Go to Gertrude’s next door where I believe you order your painkiller and they hand you the bottle of rum for your own pour (at least as of last August) 

Edited by kelib

On 12/18/2023 at 10:40 AM, Margio said:

Anyone know why excursions to Jost Van Dyke are being cancelled by Celebrity?  Going on cruise in March and just received notice.  Thank you!

I would venture to take a wild guess that this has to do with the Blue Lagoon ferry sinking at Paridise island that killed a RC passenger recently. RC recently suspended all excursions to Blue Lagoon until the matter is investigated. I would assume that RCG is now looking at all ferry excursions with an eye toward safety (liability). 

22 hours ago, kelib said:

Soggy Dollar is fine but has become a very touristy location. There are other bars on White Bay actually owned by residents of Jost. Go to Gertrude’s next door where I believe you order your painkiller and they hand you the bottle of rum for your own pour (at least as of last August) 

Thanks for the tip but we have no plans to take an excursion over to Jost. Our friends really enjoyed their Soggy Dollar day and painkillers on the beach and in the water. They also went over to Pusser's.  They thought the painkiller was better at Pusser's. Dark rum.  All subjective. I'm sure by then they were feeling no pain. 😂🥃

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1