Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

Just now, Pappri said:

DW just did a load of laundry from our 3 days in FLL.  She was washing in cold/cold.  When the cycle was over, steam was coming out of the washer.  So be aware that washer #4 on the 6th floor is only HOT water no mater what you select.  Another person in the machine area said the same thing happened to her, but we don’t know what number machine it was.  You’ll recognize me as the one wearing shrink wrapped shirts. 

More info - washer #1 on the 6th floor did have cold water and worked ok.  Dryer #4 has a “out of order” sign.  Currently drying a load in dryer #3, so standby for the dramatic conclusion…..

3 hours ago, Penspack said:

Thanks Steve!  Yes. You should all have gotten a voicemail with the new time and invites are supposed to be delivered tonight. There was confusion among the Viking team about our CC meet and greet vs the World Cruise Welcome. So the 6:30 World Cruise Reception is still on tonight, and in addition, we will have our CC meet and greet on Dec 23, 5:00, Wintergarden. Don’t ask me to tell you what day of the week that is…I have already lost track!  

58 minutes ago, Pappri said:

More info - washer #1 on the 6th floor did have cold water and worked ok.  Dryer #4 has a “out of order” sign.  Currently drying a load in dryer #3, so standby for the dramatic conclusion…..

Dryer #3 on the 6th floor is good.  Viking employee with a clip board was in the laundry area and DW gave him the down low.  He took notes, so hopefully it will get fixed for the rest of you on deck 6.

nice hats...are the jackets fleece?

When we did the WC Viking asked us before we boarded what liquor( they were full bottles not miniature) we wanted stocked in our rooms.  Do they still do that?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, deec said:

When we did the WC Viking asked us before we boarded what liquor( they were full bottles not miniature) we wanted stocked in our rooms.  Do they still do that?

Thin fleece lining. Not sure how to describe outer layer. Wind-breaker-ish material. Does not look too water resistant.

We are in DV4 cabin. They did not ask about liquor and none is in room, mini or full.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, deec said:

The liner is fleece and not removable (as far as I can tell).  The outer is the water proof wind breaker material.  It is really well made, but I’m used to the cheaper windbreaker that falls apart after a year, so this really nice.

1 hour ago, Penspack said:

Thin fleece lining. Not sure how to describe outer layer. Wind-breaker-ish material. Does not look too water resistant.

We are in DV4 cabin. They did not ask about liquor and none is in room, mini or full.

1 hour ago, Pappri said:

The liner is fleece and not removable (as far as I can tell).  The outer is the water proof wind breaker material.  It is really well made, but I’m used to the cheaper windbreaker that falls apart after a year, so this really nice.

If any of you see a tall person (preferably also one who is wide) can you ask if their jacket is long enough-sleeves being my biggest concern.  I usually wear a 3xl Tall, but no Talls were available so I went bigger.  If the sleeves are too short, then I may have to pack my own.  Not too worried about needing it until we get to our post cruise weeks in springtime 🥶 England and Scotland. 
TIA!

51 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

If any of you see a tall person (preferably also one who is wide) can you ask if their jacket is long enough-sleeves being my biggest concern.  I usually wear a 3xl Tall, but no Talls were available so I went bigger.  If the sleeves are too short, then I may have to pack my own.  Not too worried about needing it until we get to our post cruise weeks in springtime 🥶 England and Scotland. 
TIA!

Clay the style setter....  Capri sleeves for men.  🍹

• Haha 12

58 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

TIA!

Clay, I’m 6’2”, 220 (219 of that is mid section).  I’m in-between XXL and XL for shirts and I got the XL jacket.  Fits perfect.  Sleeves are long enough and length couldn’t be better at least for me.  They will swap out if it doesn’t fit so you can try on multiple sizes to get one that fits you (or comes close).  Of course YMMV

5 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

TIA!

Clay,

My hubby usually wears 2XLT.  We ordered him a 3XL for the reasons you described. The 3XL sleeves come down past his wrist, but the body was too big. He swapped for a 2XL which has sleeves that do not quite reach his wrists, but he likes the overall fit better. He is 6’2” 240 lbs, with long torso/arms (thus the tall).  He says it’s similar to other 2XL (non T) sleeve lengths. So it will come down to whether too baggy or wrist coverage is more important to you.

5 hours ago, Pappri said:

Clay, I’m 6’2”, 220 (219 of that is mid section).  I’m in-between XXL and XL for shirts and I got the XL jacket.  Fits perfect.  Sleeves are long enough and length couldn’t be better at least for me.  They will swap out if it doesn’t fit so you can try on multiple sizes to get one that fits you (or comes close).  Of course YMMV

Thanks!  I’ve got 4 inches on ya in height and almost 100 lbs in weight so will cross my fingers that the sleeves will be long enough.  Apparently Inhavr really long arms-38”😂

25 minutes ago, WhereInTheWorldIsKarla said:

Clay,

My hubby usually wears 2XLT.  We ordered him a 3XL for the reasons you described. The 3XL sleeves come down past his wrist, but the body was too big. He swapped for a 2XL which has sleeves that do not quite reach his wrists, but he likes the overall fit better. He is 6’2” 240 lbs, with long torso/arms (thus the tall).  He says it’s similar to other 2XL (non T) sleeve lengths. So it will come down to whether too baggy or wrist coverage is more important to you.

Thanks!  Hopefully the 5xl won’t be too big and if it is, they will have a 4XL that will work. 

Just got copied on the email to Denise changing the location of the Meet & Greet tomorrow.  

Hello Ms. Denise,

Just wanted to let you know we have had to move the cruise critic meet & greet to Explorers Lounge on Deck 8 for tomorrow at 17:30, as we have tea time in Wintergarden from 04:00PM – 05:00PM and the team will not have enough time to fully clean & set-up properly and ensure the venue has been closed off for private events.

All invites have been sent with the above information.

Yours sincerely,

Sam Brown I Viking Cruises I Viking Sky I Guest Services Manager I Office: 9733 I DECT: 2502 osk_guestservicesmgr@viking.comvikingcruises.com  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Just got copied on the email to Denise changing the location of the Meet & Greet tomorrow.  

Hello Ms. Denise,

Just wanted to let you know we have had to move the cruise critic meet & greet to Explorers Lounge on Deck 8 for tomorrow at 17:30, as we have tea time in Wintergarden from 04:00PM – 05:00PM and the team will not have enough time to fully clean & set-up properly and ensure the venue has been closed off for private events.

All invites have been sent with the above information.

Yours sincerely,

Sam Brown I Viking Cruises I Viking Sky I Guest Services Manager I Office: 9733 I DECT: 2502 osk_guestservicesmgr@viking.comvikingcruises.com  

I'm confused. We did not get an invitation with change. Also, The Viking Daily already lists entertainment event in explorers lounge with the guitarist from 5:30-7:15 so it would seem odd to close it off for "private event"

1 hour ago, Penspack said:

I'm confused. We did not get an invitation with change. Also, The Viking Daily already lists entertainment event in explorers lounge with the guitarist from 5:30-7:15 so it would seem odd to close it off for "private event"

Texted with Denise and she didn’t get an invite either.  She has emailed the Guest Services Manager and intends to speak in person in the morning.  

On the first Inaugural WC everyone had included laundry...what an amazing treat!  I guess we wore out the laundry workers because it was never offered again!  We smile everytime we put on something with a Viking laundry tag.  Wishing you all a most amazing adventure!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Texted with Denise and she didn’t get an invite either.  She has emailed the Guest Services Manager and intends to speak in person in the morning.  

Our invite was outside our door this morning. Still in the explorers lounge.