Greece Cruise October 2024

Bree Payne

On 12/19/2023 at 2:55 PM, sanger727 said:

We took almost the same itinerary on Celebrity. In Ephesus and Athens we took cruise line tours of the ruins. Mykonos we just explored on foot, it's a very cute town. Santorini, when you get off the ship there are a ton of little boat companies that sell the same transportation. They take you by boat to the old dock, and then by bus to Oia. There are then buses available to take you back to Fira every 30 minutes or so. In Siciliy we went to Mt Etna. I'm not sure if you can still go there now or not. 

There's really "best" excursion; everyone has different interests. 

Do you remember how much these boats costs?  TIA

23 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Do you remember how much these boats costs?  TIA

When I was in Santorini last Oct, the boat service was 30E.   It was a large boat, carrying about 80-100 pax.  It sat at the dock for an hour, waiting for more pax before it would leave.  ( But that was better than than our 2 hr wait in the cable car line.)

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 8:26 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Kusadasi was THE highlight of the same cruise we did fall of 22.  OUTSTANDING.  The ruins tour was  off the charts, by far the largest ruins we have ever seen, and only 15% uncovered.  Highly recommend it.  We missed Mykonos due to windy and sea conditions.  Santorini we did wine testing and time up. In the village.  Echo the comments on Sicily.  In Naples, try an outside excursion fthru Joey Bananas to Sorrento, Positano, and Ravello with a lunch at la Tratoria.  You will not be disapponted.

Can you tell me how much time was spent in Positano? Last time we didn’t make it there due to traffic and it’s my one place I must see. I’m happy to skip Sorrento since I’ve been there already but a lot of companies won’t alter their schedule unless you book a private tour. 

On 12/26/2023 at 11:17 AM, mapleleaves said:

When I was in Santorini last Oct, the boat service was 30E.   It was a large boat, carrying about 80-100 pax.  It sat at the dock for an hour, waiting for more pax before it would leave.  ( But that was better than than our 2 hr wait in the cable car line.)

Then you take the bus from Oia back to the port??

35 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

There are buses and taxis from Oia to Fira,  but you still need to take the cable car to the port.  Allow lots of time, the buses can be crowded and the cable car line huge.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

The boat company runs a bus from Oia to Fira every 30 minutes. Be mindful of the timing for the last bus.  There is also a public bus that goes between Oia and Fira. Or a taxi.

But as the PP stated, once you get to Fira you either take the cable cars or trail back to the tender.

• Like 1