Duplicate booking: What would you do?

sunviking90

We are booked for a cruise in April 2024 which I booked through my CVP. I noticed today in my personalizer that there is a duplicate of the same cruise in there. I think she held it at one point for me and then rebooked it. There is no deposit attached to the duplicate booking so I’m surprised it didn’t self-cancel, but it is still there. They have 2 booking numbers. The correct one has my deposit showing and our OBC has been attached also. 
My problem now is that I checked the app and it has the duplicate booking in there and I unknowingly booked all of our MDR reservations months ago in the app and they’re attached to the wrong booking. I just tried to add the correct booking number to the app and it doesn’t find it.

Should I contact my CVP and have her cancel the wrong booking and then try again to add the right one to the app? Or should I contact app support and see if they can add the correct booking and transfer my dining reservations over?

Thanks

2 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

We are booked for a cruise in April 2024 which I booked through my CVP. I noticed today in my personalizer that there is a duplicate of the same cruise in there. I think she held it at one point for me and then rebooked it. There is no deposit attached to the duplicate booking so I’m surprised it didn’t self-cancel, but it is still there. They have 2 booking numbers. The correct one has my deposit showing and our OBC has been attached also. 
My problem now is that I checked the app and it has the duplicate booking in there and I unknowingly booked all of our MDR reservations months ago in the app and they’re attached to the wrong booking. I just tried to add the correct booking number to the app and it doesn’t find it.

Should I contact my CVP and have her cancel the wrong booking and then try again to add the right one to the app? Or should I contact app support and see if they can add the correct booking and transfer my dining reservations over?

Thanks

By the time you read responses here, you could have done both.

I would begin with the CVP you booked with which means no overseas call center.  They should be able to clean up or advise on the duplicate.  Be prepared to redo your dining, but do it just seconds after the bad booking is gone.

Thanks. Contacted CVP and she cancelled the bad booking. Problem now is it still shows in my app, but if I go into the details on it, it shows as cancelled. That’s fine, but app still won’t let me add the correct booking. I logged out, deleted and reinstalled the app etc, and same thing. I just want my dining reservations so emailed CVP back and maybe she can put those in for me. 

54 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Thanks. Contacted CVP and she cancelled the bad booking. Problem now is it still shows in my app, but if I go into the details on it, it shows as cancelled. That’s fine, but app still won’t let me add the correct booking. I logged out, deleted and reinstalled the app etc, and same thing. I just want my dining reservations so emailed CVP back and maybe she can put those in for me. 

There was another post about a similar situation this morning. The advice given was that you could wait for a couple of days to see if the app populates correctly but I have had this same thing happen at least three times, and I had to call Princess for Medallion assistance to get it fixed. It’s been known issue for over two years, but hopefully the new app that gets released in early December (insert heavy sarcasm here) will fix it.  I’m afraid your dining reservations are likely going to be lost, but take heart. They could have been lost for a number of other reasons, too. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

There was another post about a similar situation this morning. The advice given was that you could wait for a couple of days to see if the app populates correctly but I have had this same thing happen at least three times, and I had to call Princess for Medallion assistance to get it fixed. It’s been known issue for over two years, but hopefully the new app that gets released in early December (insert heavy sarcasm here) will fix it.  I’m afraid your dining reservations are likely going to be lost, but take heart. They could have been lost for a number of other reasons, too. 

Thanks. I ended up calling medallion assistance and after an hour on the phone they are “escalating”  it. I'll just wait a few days and not worry about for now. 

1 hour ago, flying boat said:

if you log into your Princess account online and the correct cruise is there you can book your dining through the web version.

Thank you for this. I wasn’t aware there was a web version. I just tried and got a message “something went wrong, Please try again later”. That’s ok. I’ll try again tomorrow.

Edited by sunviking90