Bring a slab of bottle water to Princess Cruise departing from Sydney

RFGuru

It seems bottle water package is not available for Princess Cruise departing from Sydney Australia. Princess Australia passenger contract does not state anything about bottle water (I understand bringing bottle water is not allowed in other regions). Has anyone brought bottle water to Princess Cruises departing from Australia? Do you check in water together with luggage or hand carry? Thanks. 

If you haven't already, I suggest posting this on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/

There are lots of helpful local Princess cruisers on that board who will probably know the answer.  They were a great resource when we did the Round Australia cruise last April.

4 hours ago, capriccio said:

They were a great resource when we did the Round Australia cruise last April.

We’re booked on the same cruise in April 2025…if you booked a standard fare what was your auto tip experience when booking in USD & receiving OBC in AUD?

I’ve read conflicting experiences even on the AU/NZ board….some state the auto tip is included because the cruise is only to AU ports; others say when booked in USD the auto tip is added. If so, what was the daily per person amount in the AUD currency used onboard?

38 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’re booked on the same cruise in April 2025…if you booked a standard fare what was your auto tip experience when booking in USD & receiving OBC in AUD?

I’ve read conflicting experiences even on the AU/NZ board….some state the auto tip is included because the cruise is only to AU ports; others say when booked in USD the auto tip is added. If so, what was the daily per person amount in the AUD currency used onboard?

We booked the Plus fare so it was included so I don’t how the auto gratuity is handled with the standard fare.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

If you haven't already, I suggest posting this on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/

There are lots of helpful local Princess cruisers on that board who will probably know the answer.  They were a great resource when we did the Round Australia cruise last April.

Hello Capriccio, thank you very much for your guidance 🙂 Appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

If your booking is on Princess Australia website for cruises departing from Australia (On board currency AUD), then gratuities is already included.

My understanding is if booking currency is USD from overseas then there further auto tipping applies.

In general tipping is not required/expected in Australia&NZ onshore restaurants. Minimum wages apply to hospitality industry and currently it's around $23/hour in local currency AUD/NZD.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2023 at 12:05 PM, RFGuru said:

If your booking is on Princess Australia website for cruises departing from Australia (On board currency AUD), then gratuities is already included.

My understanding is if booking currency is USD from overseas then there further auto tipping applies.

In general tipping is not required/expected in Australia&NZ onshore restaurants. Minimum wages apply to hospitality industry and currently it's around $23/hour in local currency AUD/NZD.  

The same goes for cruises departing from New Zealand.

I will never understand the "I must have a bottle of water at hand!" thing. We drank out of the hose and it was wonderful water but we didn't have it with us at all times. Heck, once in a while we actually got thirsty! Why does everybody seem to need to have water at hand all the time? Our daughter (youngest child) and her daughter (youngest grandchild) seem to absolutely need to have their water bottle at hand at all times. Really? What is it with people today who can't seem to be more than a heartbeat away from a drink of water?

Okay, I realize this thread is about the ability to have water delivered to the cabin so it's ready for use at any time. I realize it's about the price, etc. However... (See below...)

Note: I'm actually not being an a$$h0|e here. I really want to understand what the heck is the big deal with having to have water at hand at all times.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I will never understand the "I must have a bottle of water at hand!" thing. We drank out of the hose and it was wonderful water but we didn't have it with us at all times. Heck, once in a while we actually got thirsty! Why does everybody seem to need to have water at hand all the time? Our daughter (youngest child) and her daughter (youngest grandchild) seem to absolutely need to have their water bottle at hand at all times. Really? What is it with people today who can't seem to be more than a heartbeat away from a drink of water?

Okay, I realize this thread is about the ability to have water delivered to the cabin so it's ready for use at any time. I realize it's about the price, etc. However... (See below...)

Note: I'm actually not being an a$$h0|e here. I really want to understand what the heck is the big deal with having to have water at hand at all times.

Hazarding a guess that part of it is that people have realized the importance of hydration in weight control, blood pressure,  and many other physical things, and are passing the importance of water to younger generations. 

• Like 4

Just boarded a Princess cruise in Sydney with two water bottles on my carry on bags with no issues thru security.  As far as gratuities they are automatically added at the end of the cruise unless you prepay when you reserve from the States.  As far as bottled water I have never had an issue ordering them as a travel agent for my clients. The bottle waters are not available to guests on the app that I recall. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ABCfamilyTravel said:

Just boarded a Princess cruise in Sydney with two water bottles on my carry on bags with no issues thru security.  As far as gratuities they are automatically added at the end of the cruise unless you prepay when you reserve from the States.  As far as bottled water I have never had an issue ordering them as a travel agent for my clients. The bottle waters are not available to guests on the app that I recall. 

Thank you. I booked via Princess Australia website and confirmed we can't order bottle water package on app or via Guest Contact Centre.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 12:53 PM, david63 said:

Just a silly question I know - but do they not sell water onboard Princess ships out of Australia?

We have sailed out of Australia previously and been unable to order water packages. Cruise out of Australia in 2024 it is also proving impossible to order a crate of water. Some people are saying they have been able to order, but neither my travel agent or I have been able to make an order for water, from UK.

39 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

We have sailed out of Australia previously and been unable to order water packages. Cruise out of Australia in 2024 it is also proving impossible to order a crate of water. Some people are saying they have been able to order, but neither my travel agent or I have been able to make an order for water, from UK.

Why can you not just buy a bottle of water onboard as and when you need it?

Of course you can buy bottles as and when you need them….if you want to pay three times the price of the water package!!!

You can also buy a Premium package where water is included. 

You can drink water from the tap in the cabin, ask for iced water at a bar, restaurant or the buffet.

The question related to buying water packages on Princess Australian cruises.

• Thanks 1