Entertainment on Mediterranean Cruises

Banjo an

I have a question for our our experienced cruiser friends from across the pond!

We are due to sail from Southampton UK on the Sky Princess in May 2024.

Can any of you give me an idea of what sort of entertainment we can expect. It’s a Mediterranean cruise.

Do Princess fly in comedians etc.

many thanks.

6 hours ago, Banjo an said:

Do Princess fly in comedians etc

I do not know what your entertainment will be, but I can answer about the flying. I've come to know one of the comedians that occasionally works Princess, an Irish comedian named George Casey. Yes, they fly him in for a leg of the trip, he does a couple shows then fly him back home. I was hoping I could tell you he will be on your trip, because he is hilarious. But he will be on Holland America at the time of your sailing.

Edited by mtnesterz

Yep, for the theatre, they fly in comedians, musicians (soloists or groups), and illusionists/magicians, along with the 3 production shows from the production cast onboard. You could also have some of the guest entertainers in the lounges and bars switch out mid-way (like a new violin duo, new guitarist, etc).

Edited by snoozecrooze

On all of ours, they’ve had the classic musical entertainment (string quartet, party band, soloist, production shows) and a few more regional offerings sprinkled in, like an Irish band or singer, Irish instrument lessons, etc. There are movies shown, game shows, bingo, Deal or No Deal, competitions, and yes, you will have comedians. 😀

On 12/24/2023 at 2:02 PM, Banjo an said:

Thanks guys that’s really helpful. Where would we be without you guys from across the pond. X

You have the 3 best production shows in the fleet, Rock Opera, Five Skies and Spotlight Bar. The other days will be filled with Comedians, Hypmotists and solo singers, you also have entertainment proved by the Cruise director and staff, they usually use Princess Live. The Sly also has a Jim Henderson show called Inspired Silliness, using muppets, it's better than is sounds