Checking account onboard

hop2it

What's the easiest way to keep up with one's onboard account these days? I believe that the room TV can show it and assume it's on the app somewhere, but is it still possible to get printouts as needed? Thanks for any replies.

2 minutes ago, hop2it said:

What's the easiest way to keep up with one's onboard account these days? I believe that the room TV can show it and assume it's on the app somewhere, but is it still possible to get printouts as needed? Thanks for any replies.

Account statements are available on the app and on the TV as you say. You can also print the account statements off easily. Near the Guest Services desk there will be a printer that will allow you to print out your statement. Those printers do have a habit of running out of paper on occasion, but we generally find them to be quite easy to use.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Pretty sure that they have discontinued the ability to see your account on your cabin TV. Was not available on the Sky in November. 

Interesting. It was available on the Discovery in October. Hard to find IIRC but definitely there

4 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Interesting. It was available on the Discovery in October. Hard to find IIRC but definitely there

I searched for it for a while...perhaps I just missed it.  I know I've done it on the TV myself in the past but I *think* I've read here on CC that it had been stopped, so I did not spend a lot of time looking. 

2 hours ago, hop2it said:

App. Take screenshots of you want. 

Printout from machine bear guest services, as often as you want 

Printout from guest services, as often as you want. 

• Like 1

Just off Majestic and it was definitely NOT available on the stateroom TV. There was a heading for it but that only referred you to the app (where it worked fine for me).

There was also a DIY printer near guest services. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I searched for it for a while...perhaps I just missed it.  I know I've done it on the TV myself in the past but I *think* I've read here on CC that it had been stopped, so I did not spend a lot of time looking. 

It wasn't available on the TV on Grand Princess. They also discontinued the ability to order from Ocean Now on the TV. They did have the dinner menus on the TV but there were a couple of times where the menu in the dining room was slightly different than what was shown on the TV.

I checked my folio on my phone and on my laptop using the we version. It was vastly easier to see on the laptop as I didn't have to scroll side to side. There was also still a kiosk where I printed my folio a couple of times. I was pleased that it printed on "real" paper rather than on that flimsy stuff that was hard to read. I took one of those printouts home with me to keep track of the refundable OBC I was to receive in the mail. (It came in a timely manner.)