cozumel/ocho rios/grand cayman itin

petuniaflower

Amber Cove is a private area owned by a cruise line. Grand Turk isn't but there is a private area adjacent the cruise docks so it's basically like a private destination. Ocho Rios, Cozumel and Grand Cayman are none of those things. But typical excursions available at each include beaches and private beaches so that quiet experience CAN be had if that's what you're seeking.

4 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Do you want to just get off of the ship and go to a beach? If so, I'd put Grand Cayman at the top of your list even though it is a tender port.

Yes, pretty much thats what we like for carib cruises..just easy cheap beach day..thanks good to know this is an option at grand cayman!

15 hours ago, Jorhammer said:

All ports are the same, just different locations on the map….

Agree 100% in the Caribbean. None of them really offer anything different or exciting. How many times can you snorkel or asked to get your hair braided?  Just find a beach or stay on the empty ship.

Having done this itinerary several times, we head to Royal Palms Beach Club in Grand Cayman where we rent a cabana (we just grab a van taxi at the port along w/ 8 of our new "best friends"), in Ocho Rios you can walk off the ship to Margarittaville beach club where we do the VIP pkg which includes beach chairs, a beach side safe for valuables and a round of margaritas. Cozumel, it's Mr Sanchos all the way! VIP pkg, of course (unlimited drinks and food)!

We love this intin so much, we're doing it again in March 2024. It's a great beach day schedule, if that's what you're looking for like we do!

1 hour ago, psmarkle said:

Having done this itinerary several times, we head to Royal Palms Beach Club in Grand Cayman where we rent a cabana (we just grab a van taxi at the port along w/ 8 of our new "best friends"), in Ocho Rios you can walk off the ship to Margarittaville beach club where we do the VIP pkg which includes beach chairs, a beach side safe for valuables and a round of margaritas. Cozumel, it's Mr Sanchos all the way! VIP pkg, of course (unlimited drinks and food)!

We love this intin so much, we're doing it again in March 2024. It's a great beach day schedule, if that's what you're looking for like we do!

Thanks, this is exactly what we're looking for!  Is the one in Ocho Rios the one iwth the trampoline in the water?

3 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Thanks, this is exactly what we're looking for!  Is the one in Ocho Rios the one iwth the trampoline in the water?

Yup, that's the one! Takes a LOT more energy to get up there out of the water than you'd think! Wore my butt out!...and I work out daily and got my butt whipped climbing that ladder onto the trampoline LOL

Edited by psmarkle
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

For context, we really like a laid back/inexpensive port like Amber Cove and Grand Turk..do these ports offer anything like this?

you can check out my recent review of this same itinerary (click link in signature).

Basically, the cheapest was Ocho Rios. We went to a public beach next to port. It exceeded my very low expectations in a very pleasant way.

We did an MSC excursion in Grand Cayman (never again through MSC).

Cozumel turned out to be very expensive this time, even though we went to Playa Palancar before. It cost just about $200 total for the 5 of us ($45 taxi each way, $20 pp for the beach access/chaises, plus 3 drinks). Last time we were here, they didn't charge $20 pp. The fee doesn't even include a welcome drink like it did in other ports.

P.S. You will find a ton of information if you check out the Ports of Call subforum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy