New Princess App available

iamaqt2

So, not sure if this even deserves a new thread so just adding it here.  
I have several cruises booked for the future with Princess and used the new app almost exclusively on one cruise already.  
I like the new app for the most part but have a couple of serious concerns with it:  

I could watch the muster safety video but it would never check me off as having done so.  I held onto the old app to play the video again and it gave me my check mark that I had viewed it.  

As mentioned, I have several cruises booked with Princess but wanted to look into making some arrangements for a B2B cruise I have booked for March and April.  Before those cruises, we have two other cruises booked.  So, I logged out of my new app to log in under my booking number for my future cruises.  It still takes me back to my upcoming cruise next month instead of the one associated with the booking number I entered.  Hmmmm?  That’s not going to work out for us very well, as I can’t even enter a cruise to order my medallion, reserve dinner, see the events .. just basic planning functionality is gone.  
I may have to go into the website for some of this cruise planning but it still won’t give me some of the things I will need.  
Is anybody else experiencing this issue?  Maybe someone has a work around?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I may have to go into the website for some of this cruise planning but it still won’t give me some of the things I will need.

Just use the old app. It still works and "should" do what you need.

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

So, not sure if this even deserves a new thread so just adding it here.  
I have several cruises booked for the future with Princess and used the new app almost exclusively on one cruise already.  
I like the new app for the most part but have a couple of serious concerns with it:  

I could watch the muster safety video but it would never check me off as having done so.  I held onto the old app to play the video again and it gave me my check mark that I had viewed it.  

As mentioned, I have several cruises booked with Princess but wanted to look into making some arrangements for a B2B cruise I have booked for March and April.  Before those cruises, we have two other cruises booked.  So, I logged out of my new app to log in under my booking number for my future cruises.  It still takes me back to my upcoming cruise next month instead of the one associated with the booking number I entered.  Hmmmm?  That’s not going to work out for us very well, as I can’t even enter a cruise to order my medallion, reserve dinner, see the events .. just basic planning functionality is gone.  
Is anybody else experiencing this issue?  Maybe someone has a work around?  

I was going to say the same thing had been happening to me - no matter what  booking numbers I input, the app would open up to our first cruise which is in March.  But just now I put in 2 booking #s - Nov 2024 and Feb 2025 - and the info under my Profile has the correct dates, booking #s and staterooms for each cruise. My new app must have changed within the past few days

To get the Medallions order for all our cruises through June 2025, I did everything through the old app. 

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just use the old app. It still works and "should" do what you need.

Actually, it no longer is working.  I kept it but nothing will display.  But thanks for sharing what should have been a possible solution.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

41 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I was going to say the same thing had been happening to me - no matter what  booking numbers I input, the app would open up to our first cruise which is in March.  But just now I put in 2 booking #s - Nov 2024 and Feb 2025 - and the info under my Profile has the correct dates, booking #s and staterooms for each cruise. My new app must have changed within the past few days

To get the Medallions order for all our cruises through June 2025, I did everything through the old app. 

thank you for that.  I may just wait a couple of days and see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Actually, it no longer is working.  I kept it but nothing will display.  But thanks for sharing what should have been a possible solution.  

The old app is still working on my phone. I am sailing in 2 days and intend to use it on ship

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

The old app is still working on my phone. I am sailing in 2 days and intend to use it on ship

It is working for my upcoming cruise, I’m sure the IT staff is not maintaining it for cruises much past when it is supposed to be shut down.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It is working for my upcoming cruise, I’m sure the IT staff is not maintaining it for cruises past when it is supposed to be shut down.  

I have 8 cruises from now till Oct 2025. They all show on my old app and clock is correct for my cruise in April as well. At least the old app show me as elite. The new app shows me as a blue card

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have 8 cruises from now till Oct 2025. They all show on my old app and clock is correct for my cruise in April as well. At least the old app show me as elite. The new app shows me as a blue card

I have 4 cruises from now until Sept 2025 and they also show on old app. Old app I'm elite and new app I'm blue as well. I purchased internet for all upcoming 4 cruises yesterday using the old app to be sure I got the elite discount. 

48 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Works for me and quite a few others. Odd that it won't work for you.

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

That’s what is so odd.  It was working but sudden has been stripped of all its functionality for me.  

What just now and if so, wait and try again later. It should work again soon. I’m not trying it. Lol

Edited by DHP1
  • Thanks 1

I can not get 7/7 on this app for me (my husband is 7/7).  With the shoreside account it will not let me fill it out completely.  It lets me put the CC info in but won't let me put the dang zip code/email in.  So annoying.  Anyone else have this problem?

3 hours ago, susieq76 said:

I can not get 7/7 on this app for me (my husband is 7/7).  With the shoreside account it will not let me fill it out completely.  It lets me put the CC info in but won't let me put the dang zip code/email in.  So annoying.  Anyone else have this problem?

As many have said, and we have experienced, the only thing that matters is ordering the medallion.  Have your husband order the medallions.  When you get to the port all you need is either the medallion (which puts you in green lane) or go to the blue lane to pick up your medallion.  In the last 4 cruises, not once have they looked at our phones or the app.  Please don't feel stressed about the app in regards to green lane.

Another FYI, even though we qualify for free shipping, we were "charged" $10 for shipping when we made the medallion order.  Our medallions just shipped and the $10 charge had been removed.  I thought about calling to complain about the fee, but decided $10 wasn't enough for me to spend time on now and I could deal with it onboard if I wanted.  Thankfully, it straightened out on it's own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rhobbkf said:

As many have said, and we have experienced, the only thing that matters is ordering the medallion.  Have your husband order the medallions.  When you get to the port all you need is either the medallion (which puts you in green lane) or go to the blue lane to pick up your medallion.  In the last 4 cruises, not once have they looked at our phones or the app.  Please don't feel stressed about the app in regards to green lane.

Another FYI, even though we qualify for free shipping, we were "charged" $10 for shipping when we made the medallion order.  Our medallions just shipped and the $10 charge had been removed.  I thought about calling to complain about the fee, but decided $10 wasn't enough for me to spend time on now and I could deal with it onboard if I wanted.  Thankfully, it straightened out on it's own. 

I ordered the medallion on the old app- I wonder if it transfers over.  Must check, lol.

58 minutes ago, rhobbkf said:

How did you know that your medallions where shipped?  How where you notified of that ?

49 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

How did you know that your medallions where shipped?  How where you notified of that ?

You’ll get an email about 2 weeks before that gives you tracking information.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You’ll get an email about 2 weeks before that gives you tracking information.  

What?  You get a tracking number/information two weeks before they ship them?  I am confused. Others?

4 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

What?  You get a tracking number/information two weeks before they ship them?  I am confused. Others?

When they ship, which is about 2 weeks before sailing…they will send an email with tracking information. It’s usually USPS if you’re in the US.  You should receive the medallions about 11 days before sailing.

I have received them once from Fedex, but usually it’s USPS.

Once, no tracking email, they just arrived.

Don’t know what is confusing about this?  YMMV

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

When they ship, which is about 2 weeks before sailing…they will send an email with tracking information. It’s usually USPS if you’re in the US.  You should receive the medallions about 11 days before sailing.

I have received them once from Fedex, but usually it’s USPS.

Once, no tracking email, they just arrived.

Don’t know what is confusing about this?  YMMV

You said they sent an email two weeks before they shipped them. You cleared up that you meant they shipped them two weeks before the cruise and the email was sent the day they shipped them. 

• Haha 2