How was Regal Princess Disembarkation today?

helenb

1 hour ago, Belle2002 said:

Just got off and it was awful 

Perhaps maybe a more involved description than just awful.  Many of us who will be cruising out of Galveston are all interested.  I will have a contrasting experience next month when we sail on the Carnival Dream out of Galveston.  Later in April we will be sailing on the Regal out of Galveston. 

• Like 2

So let everyone off the ship even though luggage wasn’t ready it seems the porters pull the luggage for the later colors and it if had an 8:00 walk off time we didn’t get our luggage until almost 10:00 so everyone waited like sardines in a holding area no face recognition customs looked at each passport

11 hours ago, helenb said:

Was it smooth? Did they use facial recognition?

We carried our own luggage.  Disembarkation time was 8:00 am.  We were in our car at park n sail across the street at 8:20 am.  So easy. Scanned our medallions to exit. Nothing else.  Super smooth. 🙂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Belle2002 said:

So let everyone off the ship even though luggage wasn’t ready it seems the porters pull the luggage for the later colors and it if had an 8:00 walk off time we didn’t get our luggage until almost 10:00 so everyone waited like sardines in a holding area no face recognition customs looked at each passport

If you did the express walk off, then you are expected to walk off with all your luggage in hand so that would probably explain why your luggage wasn't out yet. 

I just disembarked the Regal on 12/17 carrying my own luggage.  Lined up at 7:20 and was in my car (parked in the parking garage across the street) leaving by 8:30am.  No facial recognition but never stopped moving once the ship was cleared.  Super easy!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was a long,long line to get on the ship on Dec 27. We arrived at the port at 10:40 and the line was EXTREMELY long. It took over 1 1/2 hours to get on. It seems the problem is a lack of security check lanes being open…we reached that area and there were only 3 lines open. They then opened two more lines and I expect that helped speed it up. If all the available lines would be open, it would be much better.