New cabin type on Brilliant Lady

jon81uk

VV Insider have discovered that due to the lifeboats being pulled in on Brilliant Lady the balconies on deck 8 will be smaller, this means a new cabin type of slightly smaller balcony sea terrace. These rooms will be the same size interior as other sea terrace rooms, but smaller balcony, the big change though is those smaller balconies will come with two hammocks and no other furniture.

https://vvinsider.com/brilliant-ladys-changes-revealed-to-support-new-destinations/

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

The size sounds ridiculous though.  The two hammocks must be the selling point they put in as otherwise NO ONE would go for a balcony that small!

I would also assume similar to the current limited view rooms they will also price these smaller balconies cheaper than a standard terrace.

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

I would also assume similar to the current limited view rooms they will also price these smaller balconies cheaper than a standard terrace.

Yeah category wise they are below limited sea terrace in listing 

IMG_3314.jpeg

Edited by robertsammons

I would imagine they would be worse than just limited view as they are only on deck 8 and have the life rafts directly in front/below you.

In the photo above, they even list it AFTER limited view.

Maybe VV will allow MNVV to be applied to incentivise people to book them. Then again, probably not because I'm sure people would then just pay the $150 bid on an upgrade and get it.

On 12/28/2023 at 2:05 AM, WanderingBrit said:

A reduction from 40 sq ft to 9-11 isn’t “slightly smaller” 

that’s going to be text error by them for sure. The cabin is about 9 feet wide and would amount to a one foot depth balcony and that’s one even enough for the hanging points of the hammock. 

best guess the balcony will be 2-3 feet deep, making them 18-27 square feet. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lustate said:

that’s going to be text error by them for sure. The cabin is about 9 feet wide and would amount to a one foot depth balcony and that’s one even enough for the hanging points of the hammock. 

best guess the balcony will be 2-3 feet deep, making them 18-27 square feet. 

That was my first thought....you wouldn't even be able to get into the hammock on a 1 foot deep balcony (or at least I wouldn't, I need my wiggle room)/